If you are passionate about public practice and seeking opportunity for a hospital setting we would love to hear from you for our Casual Occupational Therapist opening.
The Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital (KBRH) is responsible for core physician specialties, 24 hour emergency and trauma services, laboratory, acute and obstetrical care, psychiatry, and chemotherapy. An Occupational Therapist’s focus would be physical/medical adult, including inpatient surgical/orthopaedics, rehab unit, medical caseload. Most of the Casual Occupational Therapist’s priority is acute care, however, there is community care coverage needed as required.
Casual employment provides relief to positions occupied by regular full time and regular part time employees. This includes short-notice, on-call shifts to covering in a specific position. Shift times will be available Mondays through Fridays. Community Care will require local travel within the surrounding area. Access to personal vehicle may be required; a valid Driver’s License is necessary.
Reasons to join Interior Health:
• Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary | Effective April 2023 hourly rates of pay: $40.84 to $50.80
• Comprehensive employer-paid benefits package
• Continuing education opportunities
• Access to our in-house learning and development centre
• Job stability and generous vacation entitlement
• Team environment
• Employee Health and Wellness programs
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization in different areas of practice
Join us in Trail, B.C.! Apply today! Explore your potential while enjoying work-life balance at shift’s end.
Explore the Kootenay Boundary Region!
• Graduation from a recognized occupational therapy program.
• Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC). Eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists or British Columbia Society of Occupational Therapists.
• Valid BC Driver’s license.
We welcome upcoming MSc OT grads and OTs eligible for College registration transfer to apply!
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.