Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital (KBRH), located in Trail, B.C., has an immediate permanent full-time Occupational Therapist opening.
With this opportunity comes a generous relocation allowance for new applicants seeking to join Interior Health and eligibility to apply for reimbursement of registration or membership fees through the Health Sciences Association.
What We Offer
• Relocation allowance
• Employer paid comprehensive benefits package
• Employer paid training/education opportunities
• Employee and Family Assistance Program
• Employer paid vacation
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals
• Job stability and team environment
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization in different areas of practice
• Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary
KBRH is responsible for core physician specialties, 24 hour emergency and trauma services, laboratory, acute and obstetrical care, inpatient psychiatry, and chemotherapy. The Occupational Therapist’s focus is physical/medical adult, including inpatient surgical/orthopaedics, inpatient psychiatry, rehab unit, and medical caseload. Occupational therapy services include assessment, treatment planning and implementation, program planning, consultation, equipment prescription and education of patients and/or their caregivers to promote functional independence and enable the client to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes.
Known as the Silver City, Trail is situated on the Columbia River in the West Kootenay region of British Columbia. It is a special place with affordable real estate, outstanding recreational facilities and an abundance of outdoor activities. Breathtaking vistas, an active art and culture community, and a variety of service clubs and organizations make Trail one of the most desirable communities in the Kootenay Boundary Region.
Join us in Trail, B.C.! Apply today! Explore your potential while enjoying work-life balance at shift’s end. Explore the Kootenay Boundary Region!
• Graduation from a recognized occupational therapy program.
• Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC). Eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists or British Columbia Society of Occupational Therapists.
• Valid Driver’s license.
We welcome upcoming MSc OT grads and OTs eligible for College registration transfer to apply!
Effective April 2023 hourly rates of pay: $40.84 to $50.80
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.