If you are a motivated and reliable Rehabilitation Assistant with ability to deal with others effectively and strong organizational skills, we would love to hear from you for a relief part-time opportunity.
Rehabilitation Assistants take clinical direction from either a physical therapist or an occupational therapist. Within this role, a Rehabilitation Assistant:
• Is encouraged to work at top of scope.
• Engages patients with regular therapeutic interventions.
• Has a huge impact on progression of patient needs and their rehab journey.
• Is an intrical member of the rehabilitation team.
• Is relied on to be the eyes and ears of the rehab team.
In the Hospital Acute Care setting, the Rehabilitation Assistant will work in one or both a Physical Therapy or an Occupational Therapy practice environment.
Physical Therapy Acute Care:
Areas of work: post-op surgical care (orthopaedic, trauma), general medical, critical care, inpatient rehab, post neurological events (is. CVA, TBI), vascular and plastic surgery. Carry out the treatment plan and address patients’ mobility needs of complex equipment. Ongoing collaboration and closely interconnected with the care teams.
Occupational Therapy Acute Care:
Areas of work: post-op surgical care, general medical, inpatient rehab, critical care, post-neuro events (CVA, TBI), inpatient psychiatry, Therapeutic Support Surfaces program. Practicing valued activities of daily living (i.e. dressing, toileting, feeding, functional transfers) with patients and cognitive rehabilitation, such as memory games, newspaper therapy. Assisting with splinting.
This is a Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday/Statutory Holiday position. The position will provide coverage until the return of incumbent. Upon completion of 180 hours, there is option of purchasing medical, dental and extended health benefit plans. When the employee occupies the position for 6 months or longer, entitlement to the reimbursement for benefits and enrollment in the benefit plan will be at the expense of the employer. Relocation Allowance package may be offered with position.
Reasons to Join Interior Health:
• BC Top Employer 2023 and Canadian Top Employer Young Professionals 2023
• Family and work-life balance.
• Job security.
• Opportunity to be a part of the advancing medical field.
• The resources and infrastructure that Interior Health offers to support your practice.
• Benefit from working within a supportive and fun team based environment.
• In-depth orientation and mentorship with the opportunity to trial different practice areas to promote competency and avoid stagnancy.
• Learning and career development opportunities.
Interior Health is strongly committed to staff development and encouraging growth. We offer a great orientation and fulfilling opportunities to support and enhance knowledge and skills and help you progress at every stage of your Rehabilitation Assistant career.
Completion of a recognized Rehabilitation Assistant Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Valid Driver’s License as required.
Effective April 1, 2023, hourly rate of pay: $30.06
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.