We are presently seeking new team members to join our Recreation Therapy Department at Trinity Care Centre in Penticton, BC. A strong candidate will have completed a course or certificate from a recognized recreation therapy program and hold a Class IV BC Driver’s License.
This is a casual position that works day and evening shifts.
Working within a client centered model, the Recreation Therapy Worker works as a member of the interdisciplinary team and is responsible for the implementation and evaluation of an established Recreation Therapy Program. As the Recreation Therapy Worker, you will be primarily working with geriatric residents and short stay clients. This position assists in getting residents to/from their programs and carries out established leisure/recreation therapy programs. Staff go on outings with the residents and facilitate groups specific to the needs of the residents (i.e. social, physical, spiritual, etc.) including one-to-one programs. The Recreation Therapy Worker also reports relevant observations of resident progress and behavior to the Supervisor/Recreation Therapist and provides suggestions for changes or modifications to the existing programs.
This position is required to…
• Lead individual one to one sessions, groups, and large special events within the established recreation therapy program, adapts programs to meet the physical, social, cognitive, spiritual, emotional needs of the residents, completes resident attendance list on a daily basis, and submits to a designated supervisor for care conferencing reports and program evaluation.
• Assist with promotion and publicizing of programs and or special events, and is responsible for decorating home for seasonal changes.
• Assist volunteers and/or students by providing functional direction during programs (1:1, small group, large group or special events).
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
If you are looking for a challenging career with a great work life balance, this position in Penticton is for you.
• Grade 12
• Completion of a recognized recreation course(s).
• Two year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Valid class 4 vehicle license is required.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.