Interior Health is seeking a reliable and flexible Registered Nurse to join our team at the Lillooet Hospital and Health Centre in beautiful Lillooet, B.C.
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse:
• Provides nursing care to patients, both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team
• Enhances quality of life for the patient and family; consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care providers
• Demonstrates continuous improvement and evidence based practice in nursing practice
• Maintains and advances own clinical competence
• Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned
This is a CASUAL OPPORTUNITY. Casual means hours are not guaranteed and may vary and shifts may be at short notice. Casual employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent and temporary positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual employment and lead to regular employment.
About this location/unit:
LIH: Lillooet Hospital & Health Centre provides full services of medical, palliative, maternity and ER coverage. A part-time OR program is also running 3 days per week and there is also part time coverage for physiotherapy and occupational therapy. The Emergency Department has 5 beds including a cast room and treatment room and is open 24hrs. The in-patient unit has 6 beds, including medical, palliative and maternity. There are 2 RNs on shift.
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.