Interior Health is seeking a Registered Nurse to join our Emergency Department at Lillooet Hospital and Health Centre in beautiful Lillooet, B.C.
If you are an experienced registered nurse and would like to move into emergency nursing but do not have formal education, we would love to consider you for paid in-house emergency training. This training would require an 18-month return of service commitment.
This in-house Regional Emergency Department Education Program (REDEP) program uses the standardized, evidence informed online curriculum authored by the Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) called, Emergency Nurse Orientation 3.0 (ENO). Learners will complete Advanced Cardiovascular Life Saving (ACLS) during their training. Heart & Stroke Basic Life Support within one year and competency in electrocardiogram interpretation is required as a pre-requisite of this program.
The REDEP program has three (3) components:
• **Prerequisite Emergency Nurse Orientation 3.0 Online Theory Modules: Total 109 hours (independent, unpaid study hours) – approximate completion time 10-12 weeks
• Orientation and In-Person Lab/Simulations: Total 75 hours – includes ACLS
• Clinical Practicum Hours: Total 352 hours
**Participation in Clinical Practicum and Education Opportunity is conditional upon completion of Online Theory Modules.
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse:
• Provides nursing care to emergency patients, both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team
• Enhances quality of life for the patient and family; consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care providers
• Demonstrates continuous improvement and evidence based practice in nursing practice
• Maintains and advances own clinical competence
• Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned
This is a PERMANENT FULL-TIME OPPORTUNITY. This training opportunity will start July 24, 2023.
About this location/unit:
LIH: Lillooet Hospital & Health Centre provides full services of medical, palliative, maternity and ER coverage. A part-time OR program is also running 3 days per week and there is also part time coverage for physiotherapy and occupational therapy. The Emergency Department has 5 beds including a cast room and treatment room and is open 24hrs. The in-patient unit has 6 beds, including medical, palliative and maternity. There are 2 RNs on shift.
We offer a range of employee benefits and services to support you at every stage of your career:
• Employer paid vacation
• Insurance premiums 100% paid by Interior Health
• Medical Services Plan
• Extended Health Coverage
• Dental Health Coverage
• Pension Plan
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
• Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) within 3 years
• ACLS and/or TNCC would be an asset
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.