Who Are We Looking For?
Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Casual Nursing Unit Assistant to join their team in Trail B.C! When scheduled this position works Monday to Friday, Days - 07:30 to 15:30, 08:00 to 16:00, 08:30 to 16:30. If you are an experienced surgical unit clerk with strong communication, multitasking and organizational skills with an exceptional eye for detail this may be the position for you!
This is a casual position. Casual means hours are not guaranteed and that days of work and shift times may vary. Many careers with us begin with casual employment and lead to permanent or temporary career opportunities
What Will You Work On?
In this role you will perform a variety of clerical duties related to the operation of a patient/resident care area, such as:
• Prioritizing, processing, coordinating and transcribing physicians’ orders;
• Acting as a communication link for the Unit;
• Scheduling, booking and coordinating patient/resident appointments;
• Assembling and maintaining patient/resident charts, inputs patient/resident data and transcribing information into relevant systems such as MARS, Kardex, Careplan, charts or electronic health record systems;
• Clerical duties - keyboarding, data entry, filing, compiling, preparing and maintaining statistics, producing reports, delivering and picking up items, maintaining unit supply levels and meeting minutes;
• Maintaining timekeeping records for regular and relief staff and submits/enters to payroll systems;
• Observing patient/resident call signals and relays messages to the appropriate personnel.
What should your application include?
• Completion of Grade 12
• A current Typing Test of 40 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution
• A Nursing Unit Clerk Certificate
• Your Resume;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position.
How Will We Help You Grow?
Interior Health offers excellent benefits and many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
Casual employment includes: short-notice, on-call availability; workload coverage during a temporary absence; and/or providing relief coverage in a specific position. Once hired into a casual role, employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent part-time or full time positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual positions and lead to regular employment.
If you are an experienced Nursing unit Clerk that thrives in a fast-paced environment and are looking to be challenged in your role while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, Apply Today!
Community Profile: Trail is a safe, relaxed city situated on the Columbia River in the West Kootenay region of British Columbia. It is a community with outstanding recreational facilities and an abundance of outdoor activities and an active art and culture community. For residents and visitors alike Trail offers a wealth of activities, from golfing and fishing to mountain biking, hiking, skiing and hockey. Not only is this Kootenay mountain town blessed with a central location and a temperate climate, but it is also a hotbed for technology, research and development. The Teck Lead-Zinc Smelter complex is located in Trail and drives the regional economy. The city is also home to the Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital, the largest diagnostic and acute care hospital in the West Kootenays. Trail’s exceptional education, financial and retail services ensure that its residents have everything they need at their disposal without the need to travel outside of the region.
Education, Training & Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Graduation from a recognized Nursing Unit Clerk Program and Medical Terminology, Plus
• One year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of an administered 5 minute typing certificate of 40wpm in the last 48 months from an approved institution (non-supervised tests are not accepted).
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard 40 wpm
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Ability to utilize a variety of computer software applications.
Interior Health named a BC Top Employer and a Canada Top Employer for Young People 2023
**New Rate as of April 1, 2023 will be $27.23
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.