If you are passionate about public practice and seeking an opportunity to work in multiple settings we would love to hear from you for our permanent part time (0.50FTE) Occupational Therapist opening. This position provides Occupational Therapist II services at Talarico Place in Castlegar and Occupational Therapist I services at Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital in Trail, BC.
Talarico Place, located in Castlegar, embodies a resident-centered philosophy designed to support residents’ choices, help people function at their highest level, and provide the best quality of life possible. Attached to the Castlegar & District Community Health Centre, Talarico Place is divided into 3 wings. The South Wing has 15 private rooms. The West Wing has 20 private rooms. The North Wing has 3 private rooms and 11 semi-private rooms.
The Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital (KBRH) is responsible for core physician specialties, 24-hour emergency and trauma services, laboratory, acute and obstetrical care, inpatient psychiatry, and chemotherapy. An Occupational Therapist’s focus would be physical/medical adult, including inpatient surgical/orthopaedics, inpatient psychiatry, rehab unit, medical caseload.
This position works day shifts on Monday, Tuesday & Friday from 08:00 to 15:00 and 08:00 to 12:00. Access to personal vehicle may be required; a valid Driver’s License is necessary.
Reasons to join Interior Health:
• General salary increases over the next 3 years
• Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary
• Comprehensive employer-paid benefits package
• Continuing education opportunities
• Access to our in-house learning and development centre
• Job stability and generous vacation entitlement
• Team environment
• Employee Health and Wellness programs
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization in different areas of practice
Join us in Castlegar and Trail, B.C.! Apply today! Explore your potential while enjoying work-life balance at shift’s end.
Explore the Kootenay Boundary Region!
• Graduation from a recognized occupational therapy program.
• Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC).
• Practice specific requirements and experience in programs applicable to practice area.
• Valid BC Driver’s license where required.
Effective April 2023 Grade II hourly rates of pay: $41.32 to 51.40
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.