We are seeking reliable and motivated Rehabilitation Assistant to join our cohesive Rehabilitation Team at Orchard Haven Long Term Care and South Okanagan General Hospital.
This is a two day per week, permanent part-time opportunity that is in conjunction with a three day per week, permanent part-time opportunity in Community Home Health.
Rehabilitation Assistants take clinical direction from either a physical therapist or an occupational therapist. Within this role, a Rehabilitation Assistant:
• Is encouraged to work at top of scope.
• Engages patients with regular therapeutic interventions.
• Has a huge impact on progression of patient needs and their rehab journey.
• Is an intrical member of the rehabilitation team.
• Is relied on to be the eyes and ears of the rehab team.
Within the Long-Term Care setting, the Rehabilitation Assistant practices using equipment to help people stay independent. For example wheel chairs, walkers. Conducts exercise and walking programs, and therapeutic group work. Monitors and manages equipment inventory/stock for use and availability of specialty products for required needs. And provides education to staff with a range of backgrounds in Safe Patient Handling.
Shifts at Orchard Haven are Tuesdays and Thursday 08:00 to 16:00 hours. Shifts in Home Health (Community Rehab) are Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 08:00 to 16:00 hours. We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package plus generous vacation entitlement after the 3 months of employment. Relocation Allowance package may be offered with position.
Reasons to Join Interior Health:
• BC Top Employer 2023 and Canadian Top Employer Young Professionals 2023.
• Family and work-life balance.
• Job security.
• Opportunity to be a part of the advancing medical field.
• The resources and infrastructure that Interior Health offers to support your practice.
• Benefit from working within a supportive and fun team based environment.
• In-depth orientation and mentorship with the opportunity to trial different practice areas to promote competency and avoid stagnancy.
• Learning and career development opportunities.
Interior Health is strongly committed to staff development and encouraging growth. We offer great benefits and fulfilling opportunities to support and enhance knowledge and skills and help you progress at every stage of your Rehabilitation Assistant career.
Explore Oliver, BC
Completion of a recognized Rehabilitation Assistant Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Valid Driver’s License as required.
Effective April 1, 2023, hourly rate of pay: $30.06
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.