Kootenay Boundary Nutrition Services has a permanent, part-time opening for a Registered Dietitian. This is a multi-site Long Term Care position between Trail and Castlegar for Poplar Ridge (Trail), Columbia View Lodge (Trail), and Talarico Place (Castlegar).
Utilizing clinical techniques and knowledge, the Clinical Dietitian provides nutrition services through: nutrition assessment; care planning and charting; intervention, goal setting and monitoring; counseling and education programs; consults and communicates with the multidisciplinary care teams; acts as a resource to other health professionals and communities within Interior Health. In addition, liaises and advises food service staff on patient/resident care issues and menu development.
As a valued member of the Clinical Dietitian Team, you will be working closely with physicians, nurses and other members of the Allied Health Team (i.e. Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Rehab Assistants, Respiratory Therapists, Social Workers, Speech-Language Pathologists) in providing client-centered care.
Schedule will follow a Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/alternating Thursday schedule.
In joining the Clinical Dietitian team you’ll be welcomed by a very experienced, knowledgeable and supportive team who likes to share their expertise. This is a wonderful opporutnity for the new graduate dietitian. We will provide encouragement and coaching towards obtaining reserved CDBC Acts.
Reasons to join Interior Health:
• General salary increases over the next 3 years
• Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary
• Relocation Allowance
• Comprehensive employer-paid benefits package
• Continuing education opportunities
• Access to our in-house learning and development centre
• Job stability and generous vacation entitlement
• Team environment
• Employee Health and Wellness programs
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization in different areas of practice
Join us in Kootenay Boundary Region.! Apply today! Explore your potential while enjoying work-life balance at shift’s end.
• Baccalaureate degree in nutrition and dietetics.
• Successful completion of an accredited hospital based dietetic internship program (or equivalent acceptable to the facility).
• Registrant of the College of Dietitians of British Columbia.
• One year of clinical nutrition experience in a health care environment preferred.
• Valid BC Driver’s License.
We welcome upcoming Dietetic grads or Registered Dietitians eligible for College registration transfer to apply!
Effective April 2023 hourly rates of pay: $38.60 to $48.20
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.