Who Are We Looking For?
Durand Manor in Golden, B.C. is looking for a Permanent Part Time Support Worker to join their team! The successful candidate must be available to work a rotating schedule (including weekends and holidays as required by rotation) from 08:00 to 12:15.
**The successful candidate is responsible for working the hours and rotation of the posted position, this is not flexible**
What Will You Work On?
As a team player you will perform a variety of duties within the Support Services such as:
• Cleaning duties such as sweeping and washing floors, cleaning counter tops and tables, sinks, machines and equipment and washing walls and splash areas; removes garbage as required, defrosts and cleans refrigerators, and cleans ovens
• Clerical duties such as answering the telephone, writing information on menu cards and checking cards against lists.
• Collects waste and recycling from patient rooms, the nursing stations and other locations in the site and removes from building to designated holding areas.
• Cleans areas such as floors, walls and windows by methods such as dry and wet mopping, scrubbing, sealing, waxing, buffing, polishing & vacuuming.
• Cleans items such as furniture, contact points, ledges, vents, mirrors and equipment.
• Reports inoperable equipment or damaged, unsafe equipment or building surfaces in accordance with established procedures
• Performs other related duties as assigned
How Will You Create Impact?
Support Workers are vital team members within the health care system and play an important role in the health and wellbeing of our patients, visitors and Staff. If you are looking for meaningful work that has a positive impact within your community, and room to grow – apply today!
How Will We Help You Grow?
While many of our support services roles start as casual, Interior Health provides opportunities to gain permanent and temporary work, cross-training into other areas of support services and beyond, potential for employer paid health and wellness benefits including pension plan and group life benefits. If you are looking for a great foundational work opportunity
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 10,
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.