The Medical Staff Recruitment Team is looking for a permanent full time Recruitment Assistant to support all aspects of recruitment. This position is flexible within the Interior Health region but the ability to be in Kelowna is preferred.
Who are we looking for?
If you have a passion for recruitment and you are able to handle high volumes of work, have solid organization skills and can juggle multiple priorities and tasks this opportunity is for you!
What will you work on?
The Recruitment Assistant works in a team environment and supports all aspects of the physician recruitment functions including technical and confidential administrative support as well as providing advice and guidance to hiring managers and employees on issues related to, but not limited to, offer letter clauses, job postings, and any policy issues. The Recruitment Assistant serves as a vital linkage and communication source to keep the Recruitment team informed and aligned to its priorities.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Post, maintain and remove job postings and advertisements on various recruitment platforms following marketing plan and as directed by Recruiters
2. Arrange payment for all advertising, events and other recruitment activities, maintain financial records
3. Reconcile and submit quarterly Recruitment Contingency Fund submissions
4. Communicates with newly hired physicians to complete and provide immigration documentation following IRCC and BC PNP requirements
5. Coordinates preparations and materials for medical staff recruitment marketing events
6. Develop and maintain statistical, vacancy and other recruitment reports
7. Responding to general inquiries and re-directing candidate applications to the appropriate Recruiter
8. Maintains the Physician Recruitment tracking system and database
9. Assists Recruiters with candidate management including arranging multi-disciplinary interviews, preparing reference forms and recruitment visits according to guidelines
10. Attends department meetings and follows up on action items as required
11. Performs other duties as required
How will you create an impact?
Joining our IH team will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community.
How will we help you grow?
We provide you with an orientation customized to meet your needs, and immediate support and access from excellent colleagues. You will have access to work in an interdisciplinary environment where patients are at the centre of care. We also offer continuous education opportunities.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package, competitive salary, and generous vacation entitlement after your first year of employment.
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong administrative skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training, and Experience:
• Degree or Diploma in Human Resource Management or a related field.
• CPHR is considered an asset.
• Minimum three years of related work experience.
• Candidates who demonstrate an equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of administrative practices sufficient to assist Recruiters with a variety of tasks
• Ability to be discrete, tactful and flexible
• Ability to take initiative and work independently with limited supervision.
• Ability to develop effective relationships with IH staff at all levels as well as with external agencies and physicians.
• Ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups and individuals.
• Demonstrated collaborative team approach with communication skills appropriate to handling complex relationships.
• Ability to anticipate and respond to changing priorities, unforeseen challenges, and opportunities.
• Ability to influence change and handle conflict.
• Ability to organize high volume workload and set priorities.
• Independent and effective problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
• Superior computer and technical skills are essential, including proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
• Ability to operate videoconferencing, teleconferencing, and related audiovisual equipment.
• Demonstrated customer-focused approach.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
“Honouring Interior Health’s commitment to Truth and Reconciliation and the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (DRIPA), and Pursuant to Section 42 of the B.C. Human Rights Code, preferential consideration and/or hiring will be given to qualified applicants who self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis, or Inuit).”
Starting salary is approximately from 52K to 65K and will be based on education, training and experience.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.