Interior Health is hiring a Permanent Full-Time Medical Staff Recruiter to join the Medical & Executive Staff Recruitment team. The Medical Staff Recruiter will support the Kootenay Boundary Region.
About this Role
In accordance with the Interior Health (IH) vision and values and in consultation and collaboration with administrative leaders, Chiefs of Staff, and Executive Medical Directors, the Medical Staff Recruiter is responsible for full cycle recruitment of physicians, as identified on the Medical Staff Resource plan, within the specific portfolio of recruitment activities. A strong recruitment team works collaboratively with related IH departments including Human Resources, Medical Affairs and Physician Compensation to ensure a high level of customer service and satisfaction for the candidate as well as IH medical and administrative leaders.
Some Key Duties:
• Applies full cycle recruitment practices to ensure IH medical staff recruitment needs are being met according to the Medical Staff Resource Plan Works collaboratively with medical staff recruitment leaders, Chiefs of Staff, Executive Medical Directors, and IH Administrators and Managers to proactively identify and fulfill medical staff recruitment needs.
• Under direction of the Manager, Medical & Executive Staff Recruitment, develops recruitment and sourcing strategies for maximum exposure and cost-effectiveness to target qualified candidates.
• Liaises and builds relationships with educational institutions to attract residents and physicians
• Develops strong relationships with community partners, such as the Divisions of Family Practice, Healthmatch BC, and Doctors of BC.
• Provides expert guidance on best practice when filling a medical staff vacancy.
• Fiscally responsible for all areas of medical staff recruitment including advertising, recruitment claims, department travel expenses, and effective utilization of any eligible reimbursement available.
• Creates and maintains a pipeline of qualified medical staff candidates
• Prescreens and short-lists candidates as per specifications.
• Organizes interviews, reference checks, and recruitment visits.
• Produces reports on recruitment activities as well as analyzes trends to enhance overall recruitment efforts.
• Identifies and participates in developing, evaluating, and making continuous improvement to recruitment practices and services.
• Understands, applies, and effectively communicates relevant policies and procedures (such as relocation and reimbursement) to physicians and IH employees.
• Identifies real or potential issues based on political and organizational sensitivity to physician issues and brings to the attention of the Manager.
• Plans and attends approved medical staff recruitment conferences.
Some Benefits of Joining Interior Health
An attractive remuneration package and excellent career prospects await the right candidate. We offer one of the best benefit packages and pension plans in Canada. In addition to Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage, we also offer paid annual vacation starting at 4 weeks (20 days) up to a maximum of 7 weeks (35 days). We also offer an attractive defined employee pension plan, disability and life insurance, and options for maternity &/or paternity leave top-up.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces. Apply today!
Honouring Interior Health’s commitment to Truth and Reconciliation and the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (DRIPA), and Pursuant to Section 42 of the BC Human Rights Code, preferential consideration and/or hiring will be given to qualified applicants who self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis, or Inuit).
Education, Training and Experience
• A relevant Bachelor’s degree.
• A minimum of five years of recent, related experience; recruiting in a complex environment focused on high profile positions.
• Advanced knowledge and creative ability in recruitment marketing and sourcing techniques for hard-to-fill positions.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with senior leaders, Regional Districts, and MLAs.
• Political astuteness.
Demonstrates all LEADS Capabilities, in particular:
• Leads Self/Cultural Agility – self-awareness, demonstrates character; noticing and adapting to cultural uniqueness to create a sense of safety for all.
• Engages Others/Empathy – communicates effectively; listens with heart rather than reacting
• Achieves Results/Process Orientation – takes action to implement decisions, assesses & evaluates results, follows culturally respectful processes that also produce results
• Develops Coalitions/Building a Trust-Based Relationship – builds partnership and networks to create results, demonstrates a commitment to customers and service, participating in open exchanges of experiences and culture
• System Transformation/Credible Champion – demonstrates systems/critical thinking, strategically oriented to the future, champions & orchestrates change, remains self-aware and maintains effective relationships, shows courage and conviction in advocating for change for the betterment of Aboriginal people.
Skills and Abilities
• Sound knowledge of medical staff recruitment activities and best practice within IH and throughout the province.
• Knowledge of the Medical Staff Resource Plan and applicable policies and procedures.
• Possess a customer-focused approach and the ability to develop effective relationships with physician leaders, IH administrators and managers, and external partners.
• Ability to establish rapport with individuals of all educational and occupational backgrounds.
• Enjoy working independently and as a collaborative team member including being able to cover recruitment needs in other portfolios as needed.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including written and oral communication.
• Demonstrable professionalism, confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy.
• Utilize problem-solving and root-cause analytical skills.
• Ability to drive results in a positive and professional manner in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure.
• Demonstrated experience in interviewing and using selection tools.
• Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and any applicant tracking system.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Starting salary is approximately from $67,864 to $93,313 and will be based on education, training and experience
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.