Interior Health is looking for a permanent full time Manager, Allied Health and Acute Nursing Documentation (AHAND) to join our Data Management department team. The location for this position is flexible within the Interior Health region.
What will you work on?
The Manager, Allied Health and Acute Nursing Documentation is responsible for supporting the Meditech Patient Care application and third party software that integrates with it as used in Acute facilities across Interior Health (IH).
The Manager provides leadership, support, training, and expertise to members of the Digital Health Allied Health and Acute Nursing Documentation Team as well as to the partners of the respective portfolio. As part of the Digital Health Management and Leadership Team, the Manager provides management, direction, and leadership in the respective areas for utilization, quality improvement, system enhancement, project management, and operation. The Manager provides advice and recommendations to the Digital Health Leadership Team and other management groups in IH concerning the application of information systems technology to meet clinical and operational requirements.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manages the activities and services of the Digital Health Allied Health and Acute Nursing Documentation team, including daily assignments, recruitment, hiring, performance management, performance evaluations, growth and development of select personnel, disciplinary action, and termination, as required, as well as verifying timecards and approving vacations and vacation coverage.
2. Develops strategic and tactical plans, goals, and objectives, as they relate to the Allied Health and Acute Nursing Documentation portfolio, which support the mission and goals for IH. Ensures information systems and data services align with organization and program area goals and objectives.
3. Coordinates and manages the activities of the Meditech Patient Care application within Digital Health, including new project implementations, software updates, development of application-specific training materials, and support of the applicable application software for Acute customers.
4. Undertakes complex, integrated clinical and technical projects from development to analysis to post-implementation evaluation and review. This includes full accountability for all requirements gathering, research, business process review and design, procurement, gap/fit analysis, product testing risk methodologies, systems implementations/upgrades, timeline development, stakeholder engagement, risk analysis/mitigation, communication, change management, and issue management strategies.
5. Undertakes all aspects of project management including budget development tracking and reporting to sponsors and/or steering committees.
6.Manages relationships with vendors as well as internal and external partners in respect to third party applications that integrate with Meditech Patient Care.
7. Assists the Regional Manager, Acute Systems with development and management of operating and capital budgets for the support and implementation of the Acute portfolio.
8. In conjunction with the Professional Practice Office and appropriate Networks, develops policies, standards, and procedures including quality assurance and improvement activities relating to these applications.
9. Participates in the on-call rotation for Clinical Information Systems.
10. Leads and manages the Query Change Advisory Board.
11. Performs other related duties as required.
How will you create an impact?
Joining our IH team will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package, competitive salary, and generous vacation entitlement after your first year of employment.
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong technical skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today! Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training, and Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Health Information Systems, or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of experience and post-secondary education.
• A minimum of five years of experience in healthcare information systems including responsibility for planning, project management, systems implementation and analysis, staff development, and supervision.
Skills and Abilities:
• Detailed understanding of the functions, processes, and integration of information systems in the healthcare sector.
• Demonstrated ability to manage staff and work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with all levels of staff and management.
• Demonstrated ability to manage vendor relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, lead, direct, prioritize, and review related application/project implementation.
• Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and develop solutions as required.
• Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a highly dynamic, fast-paced, continually-changing environment.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
“Honouring Interior Health’s commitment to Truth and Reconciliation and the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (DRIPA), and Pursuant to Section 42 of the B.C. Human Rights Code, preferential consideration and/or hiring will be given to qualified applicants who self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis, or Inuit).”
Starting salary is approximately from 80K to 111K and will be based on education, training and experience.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.