Interior Health is seeking a reliable and flexible Registered Nurse to join our Rehab team at the Penticton Regional Hospital in beautiful Penticton, B.C.
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse:
• Provides nursing care to patients, both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team
• Enhances quality of life for the patient and family; consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care providers
• Demonstrates continuous improvement and evidence based practice in nursing practice
• Maintains and advances own clinical competence
• Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned
This is a permanent full-time opportunity.
Shifts of work will be rotating days and nights; rotating from 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00 hours.
About this location/unit:
PRH: Penticton Regional Hospital (PRH) acts as a referral centre to three community hospitals and one diagnostic centre in the South Okanagan and includes a regional population of 85,000. It has an operating capacity of 129 acute beds and 102 extended care beds. A full range of services are provided with the exception of open heart surgery, neuro surgery, and recent spinal cord injury care. This is a great place to experience a variety of medical and surgical nursing units and build and expand your nursing skills.
Rehab: This is a 14 bed rehab focused unit where our very busy inter-professional team work cohesively to provide safe and competent care and support for medical and stroke rehabilitation clients in meeting their functional goals and transition to home.
We offer a range of employee benefits and services to support you at every stage of your career:
• Employer paid vacation
• Insurance premiums 100% paid by Interior Health
• Medical Services Plan
• Extended Health Coverage
• Dental Health Coverage
• Pension Plan
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.