Royal Inland Hospital (RIH) is seeking to build its Clinical Dietitian team by welcoming applications for Casual employment. We have opportunities to pick up shifts and train in multiple areas.
Utilizing clinical techniques and knowledge, the Clinical Dietitian provides nutrition services through: nutrition assessment; care planning and charting; intervention, goal setting and monitoring; counseling and education programs; consults and communicates with the multidisciplinary care teams; acts as a resource to other health professionals and communities within Interior Health. In addition, liaises and advises food service staff on patient/resident care issues and menu development.
Shifts will be available in RIH acute care offering diversity and complex patient assignments in a fast-paced environment. We see a lot of tube feeds, PN, and eating disorder admissions. In addition specialized clinics for chronic disease outpatient nutrition, heart function clinic, and diabetes. Acute care will help you grow and gain valuable skills in your dietetic career. College of Dietitians of BC (CDBC) Restricted Acts B is an asset.
Shifts will also be available in Long-Term Care serving a resident-based clientele and within Outpatient Care. CDBC’s Restricted Acts A and C are an asset.
Shifts will be available within a Monday to Friday shift schedule. As a valued member of the Clinical Dietitian Team, you will be working closely with physicians, nurses and other members of the Allied Health Team (i.e. Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Rehab Assistants, Respiratory Therapists, Social Workers, Speech-Language Pathologists) in providing client-centered care.
Effective April 2023 hourly rates of pay: $38.60 to $48.20
In joining the Clinical Dietitian team you’ll be welcomed by a very experienced, knowledgeable and supportive team who likes to share their expertise. This is a wonderful opporutnity for the new graduate dietitian. We will provide encouragement and coaching towards obtaining reserved CDBC Acts.
We are looking for candidates who could provide a minimum of two days per week availability, with some regularity. With strong communication skills.
Reasons to Join Interior Health:
• Upcoming regular Clinical Dietitian employment opportunities
• Comprehensive employer-paid benefits package
• Generous paid vacation entitlement
• Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary
• Access to our in-house learning and development centre
• Employee Health and Wellness programs
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals
• Employee pension plan
• Opportunities for career advancement
• Challenging and rewarding work environment
• Safe and welcoming communities
• Baccalaureate degree in nutrition and dietetics.
• Successful completion of an accredited hospital based dietetic internship program (or equivalent acceptable to the facility).
• Registrant of the College of Dietitians of British Columbia.
• Reserved Acts A, B, C are an asset.
• One year of clinical nutrition experience in a health care environment preferred.
• Valid BC Driver’s License.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.