We are currently seeking Health Care Assistants (Patient Care Aides) to join our team on the general medical unit at Kootenay Lake Hospital in Nelson, BC.
As the Health Care Assistants (Patient Care Aide), you will work as a key team member of an interdisciplinary team that provides patient care within the hospital. Working under the direction of RN’s and LPN’s, Patient Care Aides follow established care plans and routines to deliver the best patient care possible.
Some typical duties and responsibilities:
• Assist patients with personal care and activities of daily living
• Assist with patient mobility, transfers and related equipment
• Perform nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration
• Housekeeping activities relating to maintaining a safe and healthy environment
• Observe and report changes in patient progress, symptoms and condition
• Perform clerical duties and other related duties
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week. Hours will typically be on day (07:00 to 15:08) or evenings (14:52 to 23:00) shifts and will include short call (less than 24 hours notice).
Kootenay Lake Hospital (KLH) is a Level 1 Community Hospital offering services including surgical, inpatient and emergency. The KLH medical unit is a busy medical floor in a small rural hospital in Nelson. It’s funded for 27 beds and up to 3 overflow. Our team is extremely kind and caring, not to mention very hard working and dedicated. They work hard to introduce staff to the team and make everyone feel comfortable and confident in the care they provide.
Are you looking for a chance to be part of a fast paced, vibrant medicall unit and work alongside a team of LPNs and RNs? This might just be the opportunity you were looking for. Apply today to join the team!
• Graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant / Health Care Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
*Along with a copy of your resume or CV, please upload a copy of your certificate.*
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.