The IH Contracted Services Strategy team has an opportunity for a Permanent Full Time Contracts Analyst.
What Will You Work On?
The Contracts Analyst is responsible for ensuring a strong integration of information and issue management between both the Strategic and Operations aspects of Contracted Services. The Contracts Analyst will coordinate an effective forecasting mechanism to assist in the department’s ability to adjust and commit resources toward department and IH organizational priorities
How Will You Make a Difference?
The position will support the contract analysis of key portfolios, manage contract planning, risk rating process, support process mapping of key processes and work with IMIT on maintenance improvement requests.
Key Duties and Responsibilities Include:
1. Responsible for gathering financial and statistical information for contract analysis, distribution and preparing reports.
2. Responsible for a risk registry report of contracts by portfolio.
3. Supports contract renewal process for key portfolios along with the Strategic Business Consultants.
4. Coordinates data for use in the regular reporting cycle and planning/forecasting tools.
5. Develops/designs workflow process and implements automation/innovation of systems where possible to increase efficiencies.
6. Prepares ad hoc reports and assists in the development of new reports to meet the changing needs of the organization.
7. Reviews plans for allocating resources and contract recommendations prepared by others and adjusts the department planning accordingly.
8. Reconciles data to ensure accuracy.
9. Coordinates process control documents and prepares customer facing process documents including internal & external webpages.
10. Provides input on new and existing policies and processes in conjunction with Contracted Services Strategic Business Consultants, Coordinator, and makes recommendations to the Director, Contracted Services and clients on issues that relate to both strategic and day-to-day operations of IH.
Honouring Interior Health’s commitment to Truth and Reconciliation and the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (DRIPA), and Pursuant to Section 42 of the BC Human Rights Code, preferential consideration and/or hiring will be given to qualified applicants who self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis, or Inuit).
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Procurement or Computer Information Services, other relevant designation, or currently working towards completion.
• One to three years of experience relevant to the duties of this position.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with the ability to be flexible on work times and assignments.
• Customer service orientation with the ability to be innovative and participate with others to reach organizational objectives.
• Experience working in an organization of similar size and complexity in a role that required awareness of the structure and how to navigate through it to ensure internal clients were provided efficient and effective service.
• Ability to participate on a multi-disciplinary team and ensure deadlines and milestones are met.
• Ability to adapt and produce high quality results in a constantly changing and developing environment.
• Ability to multi-task and perform numerous tasks for various clients within acceptable time frames,
• Excellent computer skills in order to access and manipulate data from various systems to produce financial and other reports.
• Strong analytical ability to meaningfully interpret and present data.
• Understanding of the full contracting cycle including the payment & termination processes.
• Understanding of the full accounting and budgeting cycle.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Starting salary is approximately $67,864-$87,380 and will be based on education, training and experience
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.