Interior Health is seeking a reliable and flexible Registered Nurse to join our Oncology team at the PENTICTON REGIONAL HOSPITAL in beautiful Penticton, B.C.
Who We Are:
Interior Health (IH) is committed to achieving a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, and where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Well-being and work life balance is promoted within the IH team, and our commitment to environmental sustainability supports our primary goal of increasing the health and well-being of everybody in the Interior Health region from our employees to the population we serve.
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse, Oncology:
• Sets priorities, provides clinical expertise and leadership for the plan of care, plans and implements health care treatments and interventions, and assigns and delegates tasks as appropriate to other members of the healthcare team.
• Ensures the client/family unit actively participates in the development, implementation and ongoing modification of the plan of care, including the long and short-term goals.
• Establishes a therapeutic relationship through the use of effective interpersonal and interviewing techniques, ensuring client choice and autonomy in decision-making and care planning.
• Discusses and plans referral information with client/family unit and other health team members and in collaboration initiates referrals to appropriate health care/community agencies.
• Collaborates with members of the interdisciplinary team and participates in rounds and/or patient care conferences to ensure effective, consistent, and comprehensive care planning and delivery
This is a CASUAL OPPORTUNITY. Casual means hours are not guaranteed and may vary and shifts may be at short notice. Casual employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent and temporary positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual employment and lead to regular employment.
Shifts of work will be scheduled Monday through Friday from 08:00 to 16:00, 08:30 to 16:30, 09:00 to 17:00, 08:30 to 19:30, 08:00 to 17:53 hours.
About this location/unit:
Penticton Regional Hospital (PRH) acts as a referral centre to three community hospitals and one diagnostic centre in the South Okanagan and includes a regional population of 85,000. It has an operating capacity of 129 acute beds and 102 extended care beds. A full range of services are provided with the exception of open heart surgery, neuro surgery, and recent spinal cord injury care. This is a great place to experience a variety of medical and surgical nursing units and build and expand your nursing skills.
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
• Completion of a recognized post-basic program in oncology nursing and two years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Certification in administration of chemotherapeutic agents required.
Effective April 1, 2023, the hourly rate for this position will be: $40.21-$54.28. These are unionized nursing positions with the BCNU.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.