Interior Health is seeking an experienced and dynamic Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN) to join our Mental Health & Substance Use (MHSU) Youth Intensive Case Management (YICM) team in beautiful Penticton, B.C.
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiatric Nurse:
• Functions as a member of the larger Hospitals & Communities Integrated Services (HCIS) or Tertiary Mental Health Services multi-disciplinary care team
• Ensures that persons with serious severe and persistent mental health problems, and/or problematic substance use and/or development disability issues who may or may not be in crisis have access to timely, responsive, evidence based treatment and clinical supports across the continuum of available services
• Provides assessment, treatment, case management, community support, and as required, urgent response to clients who may also have serious functional impairment in the domains of physical health and personal, family, financial, occupational, and social life
• Functions as a primary clinician utilizing a variety of specialized treatment modalities/therapies for individuals, groups of clients and/or their families
The YICM team is an interdisciplinary team that provides case management in accordance with the guidelines for high-risk youth between the ages of 12 and 24 with problematic substance use, concurrent disorders and/or mental illness. The team will also work closely with partners across the community to provide wrap-around services for clients.
This is a permanent full-time opportunity.
Shifts of work are Monday to Friday 08:30 to 16:30.
About this location/unit:
Penticton: Cradled within tree rimmed mountain slopes, dramatic clay cliffs and bordered by the Okanagan and Skaha Lakes, Penticton is one of the larger cities in the BC interior and a popular destination for visitors of all kinds. Square dancing jubilees, wineries, ideal windsurfing spots, golf courses or simply relaxing on one of Penticton’s fabulous sandy beaches, Penticton has it all. Whether you climb aboard the S.S. Sicamous or the Kettle Valley Railway, you will enjoy all of the amenities this town has to offer.
We offer a range of employee benefits and services to support you at every stage of your career:
• Employer paid vacation
• Insurance premiums 100% paid by Interior Health
• Medical Services Plan
• Extended Health Coverage
• Dental Health Coverage
• Pension Plan
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply Today!
• Graduation from an approved school of nursing.
• Two years’ recent related MHSU experience in the assigned clinical area(s) (such as Counselling & Treatment Services; Treatment, Support & Recovery Services; Crisis Response; Seniors MHSU Services; Substance Use; Developmental Disability Mental Health Services (DDMHS), etc.) or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
• Current valid B.C. driver’s license.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.