Exciting new opportunity for a Nurse Practitioners to join the IH Nurse Practitioner (NP) program as NP Lead, IH South.
The NP Leads (North/South) will provide practice leadership to the NPs that practice throughout Interior Health, acknowledging that NPs are autonomous, collaborative practitioners and that developing role clarity is essential to the effectiveness of interprofessional teams in which NPs function. Working with the NP Clinical Director and Program Leader these new roles will strengthen role integration and understanding; create supportive structures for professional practice that will ensure adequate opportunities for mentorship, clinical practice feedback, collegial relationships with physicians, and collaborative practice within the interprofessional teams. In addition, the NP Leads will complete new employee NP orientation, quality reviews, performance reviews and contribute to the overall NP strategy for IH. Weekly clinical practice time will also be built into the role.
• Designs and develops, in conjunction with the Clinical Director and NP Leads, a work plan for the development of a NP strategy and direct reporting of the NP personnel.
• Develops systems for workflow and documentation, sets activities into priority, and follows up on action plans and deliverables for the NP program.
• Develops functional processes for locum relief including booking and scheduling NPs.
• Develops functional processes and coordinates for NP student matching. Supports the tracking of mandatory learning requirements, performance management processes, vacation scheduling, worksite safety assessments, and violence risk reduction strategies.
• Leads development of summary reports highlighting NP practice profiles and Health Authority care strategies.
• Prepares statistical information as required by gathering and compiling data and developing and formatting statistical charts and graphs utilizing appropriate software.
• Analyzes data collected on each NP related to practice growth and to identify areas for improvement, for reporting required by operations. This includes compiling summaries related to NP encounter code submissions
• Plans and implements system and process enhancements, ensuring all provincially legislated and Board-established standards and criteria are met.
• Develops a strategy for continual review and revision of processes and software needs as necessary.
• Assists with the development of process efficiencies as they relate to the NP Department.
• Collaborates with NP Clinical Director and Leads for a coordinated and strategic approach to the planning and implementation of quality metrics and initiatives in the NP program.
• Analyzes current trends and data in assigned area of responsibility related to the provision of accessible, comprehensive, efficient and effective services/care, including sick time, casual utilization, turnover, vacation utilization and vacancies.
• Participates in labour relations activities as required. Interprets employment and service contracts, collective agreements and legislation in consultation with Human Resources.
• Posts jobs, completes forms, compiles lists of applicants, and maintains interview tools.
• Manages financial resources by preparing the regional budget for approval, monitoring the budget, identifying variances, and taking corrective action required in order to maintain fiscal responsibility and accountability. Supports NP Leads in these functions through regular consultations.
• Participates, as part of the NP leadership team in coordinating the utilization of shared resources including services, equipment, and space with other departments and sites.
• Prepares regular project summaries and updates and identifies key factors that account for deviation from stated goals for the project implementation committee, project sponsors, or others as requested.
• Performs other related duties and work on special projects as assigned.
• Masters Degree Nursing MSN/MN, Nurse Practitioner or Doctor of Nursing Practice DNP.
• Registered with BCCNM.
• Five years of recent, related experience, including two to three years of leadership experience. • Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
The successful candidate will demonstrates all LEADS Capabilities,
• Leads Self/Cultural Agility – self-awareness, demonstrates character; noticing and adapting to cultural uniqueness to create a sense of safety for all.
• Engages Others/Empathy – communicates effectively; listens with heart rather than reacting
• Achieves Results/Process Orientation – takes action to implement decisions, assesses & evaluates results, follows culturally respectful processes that also produce results
• Develops Coalitions/Building a Trust-Based Relationship – builds partnership and networks to create results, demonstrates a commitment to customers and service, participating in open exchanges of experiences and culture
• System Transformation/Credible Champion – demonstrates systems/critical thinking, strategically oriented to the future, champions & orchestrates change, remains self-aware and maintains effective relationships, shows courage and conviction in advocating for change for the betterment of Aboriginal people.
Skills and Abilities:
• General knowledge of project management concepts, methods, practice, and tools.
• Demonstrated customer-focused approach.
• Ability to orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish results.
• Superior computer skills are essential.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.