Penticton Health Centre is seeking to build its team of Casual Community Rehabilitation Assistants.
Effective April 1, 2023, hourly rates of pay: $27.76 to $30.06
Community Rehabilitation Assistants are intrical member of the rehabilitation team. Your observations and input are valuable to the team in determining adjustments needed for rehab programming or client readiness to move forward. Services offered are intended to allow clients to maximize their functional ability, remain at home and engage in meaningful activity.
Community Rehabilitating Assistants are encouraged to work at full scope. This position is responsible for:
• Home based rehabilitation with adults with a variety of physical disabilities.
• Taking clinical direction from a Physiotherapist and/or an Occupational Therapist
• Assisting clients with activities of daily living.
• Implementing group and individual programs in clients’ homes and other community sites.
Travel within Penticton and surrounding communities is required. Access to a personal vehicle may be required.
Shifts will be available on a short-notice on-call bases and/or blocks of shifts pre-scheduled to relieve leaves of absences. Casual employment means work requirements can vary between Zero and 37.5 hours per week. Receive 9.6% of straight time pay, exclusive of all premiums, in lieu of scheduled vacations and statutory holidays. Upon completion of 180 hours, there is option of purchasing medical, dental and extended health benefit plans. Opportunity to apply internally for regular openings as they become available.
Reasons to Join Interior Health:
• Supportive team environment.
• Access to our in-house learning and development centre
• Employee Health and Wellness programs
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals
• Opportunities for career advancement
• Challenging and rewarding work environment
• Safe and welcoming communities
• Completion of a recognized Rehabilitation Assistant Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• One year’s recent, related experience.
• Valid Driver’s License required.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.