Kelowna General Hospital (KGH) has a relief, part time (0.76 FTE) Nutritional & Eating Disorder Dietitian opening.
This is a position to provide coverage until September 2023, or return of incumbent. Days of works are Tuesdays through Fridays.
The Nutritional & Eating Disorder Dietitian is a member of a multidisciplinary health care team and provides nutrition care and support to individuals, patients, residents and groups according to established policies, standards and procedures.
The Nutritional & Eating Disorder Dietitian utilizes advanced clinical techniques in the area of nutrition management and nutritional and eating disorder and weight preoccupation for individuals and client groups. Acts as a clinical resource for dietitians and other health care providers in the community. Provides in-services and education about nutrition and eating disorders to staff, students, physicians and community agencies. Plans, implements, and evaluates nutritional care for clients/patients according to practice guidelines. Instructs and counsels clients/patients and families regarding appropriate nutritional requirements, clinical diet regimes, food planning and preparation.
Reasons to Join Interior Health:
• Upcoming regular Clinical Dietitian employment opportunities
• Comprehensive employer-paid benefits package
• Generous paid vacation entitlement
• Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary
• Access to our in-house learning and development centre
• Employee Health and Wellness programs
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals
• Employee pension plan
• Opportunities for career advancement
• Challenging and rewarding work environment
• Safe and welcoming communities
Interior Health offers excellent benefits and many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. If you are an experienced Dietitian and want to be challenged in your practice while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, Apply Today!
• Registration with the College of Dietitians of British Columbia. Bachelor's degree from a recognized university with a major in dietetics/nutrition or equivalent.
• Knowledge of eating disorder theory, available programs and services, their interrelationships and their function in delivering care in the community.
• Completion of recognized dietetic internship in an accredited hospital. Eligible for membership with the Dietitians of Canada (DC).
• Two (2) years experience in clinical dietetics and including recent related experience in nutritional counseling and eating disorders, working with youth, and in adult education.
• Valid BC Drivers License is required.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.