Who Are We Looking For?
Do you have front-line clerical experience and wish to work at the leading edge of healthcare to maximize your skills and be part of a dynamic team? Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Permanent Part-time Patient Registration Clerk to join their team!
Hours of work are rotating days – 08:30 to 16:30.
What Will You Work On?
In this role you will work in a customer-focused, team-oriented framework performing clerical and patient registration duties such as:
• Completes Patient Registration documentation for the admission of patients by interviewing patients, relatives or friends to obtain personal information and proof of eligibility;
• Explains Admission form, eligibility policies, room differentials and obtains signatures on forms as required;
• Identifies available bed booking options and communicates these options;
• Receives payments and issues receipts;
• Receives and records patient valuables for safekeeping;
• Transports patients to ward or arranges for transport;
• Performs hospital switchboard duties;
• Provides information and directions to visitors and handles telephone inquiries such as patient room numbers and visiting hours;
• Receives, opens and redirects the hospital’s incoming mail;
• Monitors the Alarm Panels and responds by announcing Fire Alarms over the Public Address System and/or making telephone calls.
What should your application include?
• Completion of Grade 12
• A current Typing Test of 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution
• Certificate or Official Transcript showing proof of completion of a Medical Terminology Course;
• Your Resume;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position.
How Will We Help You Grow?
Interior Health offers excellent benefits and many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
If you are an experienced Patient Registration clerk and want to be challenged in your role while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, Apply Today!
Community Profile: Trail is a safe, relaxed city situated on the Columbia River in the West Kootenay region of British Columbia. It is a community with outstanding recreational facilities and an abundance of outdoor activities and an active art and culture community. For residents and visitors alike Trail offers a wealth of activities, from golfing and fishing to mountain biking, hiking, skiing and hockey. Not only is this Kootenay mountain town blessed with a central location and a temperate climate, but it is also a hotbed for technology, research and development. The Teck Lead-Zinc Smelter complex is located in Trail and drives the regional economy. The city is also home to the Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital, the largest diagnostic and acute care hospital in the West Kootenays. Trail’s exceptional education, financial and retail services ensure that its residents have everything they need at their disposal without the need to travel outside of the region.
Interior Health named a BC Top Employer and a Canada Top Employer for Young People 2023
Education, Training & Experience:
• Grade 12
• Two years; recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test at 45 wpm dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (NON-SUPERVISED TESTS ARE NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.