Interior Health is seeking a permanent full time Biomedical Engineer to join the small and cohesive team based at the Cariboo Memorial Hospital (CMH) in Williams Lake, B.C.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal applicant will be a Biomedical Engineer with very strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills; who can demonstrate ability to work independently, prioritize, collaborate and communicate effectively. If this sounds like a fit, we’d love to hear from you.
What will you work on?
As a key team member, you will be responsible for providing biomedical engineering services that support the safe, efficient and effective utilization of medical technology at our growing regional hospital.
Some typical duties and responsibilities include:
• Applying best practice and knowledge to ensure the safe and effective use of biomedical equipment
• Evaluating and performing technical evaluations on new medical equipment and technologies
• Maintaining and repairing medical equipment in the workshop and in patient-care areas
• Managing medical equipment inventory, sourcing parts, orders and liasing with manufacturers and vendors
• Performing scheduled inspections and tests and maintaining related records
• Providing clinical staff with educational support and technical information
Days of work are Monday-Friday from 08:00 to 16:00 hours with weekends and statutory holidays off.
How will you create an impact?
Joining our IH team will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community.
Reasons to apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
As a valued member of our team, you can expect many employee services and benefits to support you at every stage of your career. We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package, recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary, and generous vacation entitlement after your first year of employment.
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong technical skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Come and join our team. Live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
• Graduation from a recognized program in Biomedical Equipment Technology Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience required.
• Must be eligible for membership in Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of B.C.
• Valid Class 5 B.C. Driver's License required.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.