Who are we looking for?
Interior Health is looking for a permanent full time Instructional Designer to join our Leadership & Organization Development team!!
The worksite location for this position is flexible and can be located anywhere within British Columbia.
How will you create an impact?
The Instructional Designer designs, develops, evaluates and continuously improves the organizational educational programming targeted to IH leadership and management staff, to develop leadership capacity and skill in a variety of areas. The successful candidate must be highly skilled in virtual design and delivery.
The Instructional Designer engages key partners to inform education and development requirements, as well as the design, development and delivery of a multipronged and blended educational approach. Builds and implements regional and local educational programs and systems for a variety of audiences and integrates knowledge of leadership and management methodologies, tools and techniques into educational programming. Works closely with subject matter experts within the Human Resources Portfolio and other Employee Experience (EX) team members, and other areas as required. Represents the team on internal/external working groups and committees as required.
Some Key Duties may include:
• Designs, builds, evaluates and continuously improves educational programming and curriculum for the Leadership and Organization Development team in conjunction with subject matter experts and partners to build IH’s organizational capability for leadership and business management. Specifically, responsible for the design and development of:
o project plans for training program development
o skill/competency learning objectives
o course content and materials/media to support leadership programs (virtual delivery a priority)
o evaluation measures
• Establishes an assessment process that determines the learning and development needs at each leader proficiency level requirement.
• Integrates learning opportunities that strengthens the ability of the managers and directors to identify their priorities, achieve clarity on their job requirements, and align their operational and personal performance with the organization’s goals and objectives as outlined in the IH strategic plan, values, and leadership capabilities.
• Uses multipronged educational strategies including on-line workshops, courses, programs, experiential learning, one-to-one learning, etc. to develop a blended educational approach that includes education materials and associated facilitator guides to address the specific learning requirements.
• Develops and implements a reporting systems, including triaging and tracking systems for service requests, to ensure goals and objectives are met and that the work of the position reflects organizational priorities.
• Responsible for ongoing continuous evaluation and improvement of leadership programs, content, and services and implements an evaluation process that includes evaluation tools for the various approaches including workshops, courses, mentoring, and/ or experiential sessions and for student/ staff/ educator engagement to ensure the educational approach addresses the overall learning requirements and achieves the desired learning outcomes.
• Ensures that projects/programs are data driven, evidence informed and outcome focused.
• Compiles database of internal and external resources and educational opportunities to support leader development. Engages appropriate supervisors to sponsor additional educational opportunities for Managers/Directors and staff.
• Maintains expert knowledge related to the methods and tools of continuous quality improvement and change management and applies these approaches to areas of improvement within their respective portfolio.
• Carries out responsibilities in accordance with health and safety requirements. Immediately reports unsafe situations by notifying supervisor or other appropriate personnel.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Some of the Benefits of Joining Interior Health:
An attractive remuneration package and excellent career prospects await the right candidate. We offer one of the best benefit packages and pension plans in Canada. In addition to Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage, we also offer paid annual vacation starting at 4 weeks (20 days) up to a maximum of 7 weeks (35 days). We also offer an attractive defined employee pension plan, disability and life insurance, and options for maternity &/or paternity leave top-up.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces. Apply today!
Why Interior Health is a Top 100 BC Employer
Honouring Interior Health’s commitment to Truth and Reconciliation and the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (DRIPA), and Pursuant to Section 42 of the BC Human Rights Code, preferential consideration and/or hiring will be given to qualified applicants who self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis, or Inuit).
Education, Training, and Experience:
• Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline
• Five (5) years’ recent related experience in curriculum development and instructional design preferably in the area of leadership and management development
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated expert in instructional design and curriculum development, with a focus in developing leaders.
• Demonstrated expertise in virtual design and delivery.
• Demonstrated ability to apply comprehensive knowledge and skill in educational theory, research, technology and related best practices as well as an understanding of health care disciplines and networking abilities to support enhanced educational practices and programming.
• Utilizes adult learning principles and best practices in clinical settings to develop education programming.
• Can quickly build relationships with internal partners.
• Efficient, organized, hard- working; ‘get stuff done’.
• People person – appreciates and visibly supports down to front line level.
• Demonstrated ability to provide senior advisory services and consultation to leaders/ managers using strong communication skills and the ability to educate, mentor, persuade and influence.
• Demonstrated experience in designing effective programs.
• Familiarity with best practices in adult education principles and education content design using a variety of methods (e.g., blended learning strategies such as online curriculum design, videos, and interactive education delivery)
• Maintains current knowledge of new developments, trends and research in organizational and leadership development, change management, and recommends/implements best practices accordingly.
• Uses superior group facilitation, team building, negotiating, conflict resolution skills and an interactive teaching style to engage learners with a variety of different learning styles and facilitate critical thinking and problem resolution.
• Fosters creativity and innovation in strategic planning involving learning and development and in the development of teaching and learning strategies.
• Applies superior communication and design abilities and proficient computer skills in the design and development of creative high quality, interactive learning materials
• Applies superior judgment and political expertise to communicate sensitive information to, and collaborate with, a variety of internal and external partners.
• Applies project management methodologies in the design and development of various programs, frameworks and tools.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Starting salary is approximately from $80,900 to $116,300 and will be based on education, training and experience.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.