Penticton Regional Hospital is looking for a Casual Diagnostic Imaging Clerk to join their team. Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (non-supervised tests are not accepted);
• Proof of completion of a Medical Terminology Course;
• Your Resume indicating two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
This position performs a variety of clerical duties related to the work of the Diagnostic Imaging department, such as:
• Patient registration;
• Scheduling, booking and communicating appointment information to Diagnostic Imaging staff, patients, physicians' offices and/or nursing units;
• Ensures pertinent previous images and documentation are available for patient exam date, and forwards images to other facilities outside the Health Authority;
• Organizes and arranges for pediatric and adult sedation, catheterization exams, ambulance bookings;
• Reception duties - answering telephones, receiving and relaying messages, receiving and directing visitors, distributes incoming out-going mail;
• Completes a variety of standard forms for registration/billing purposes;
• Types a variety of documents - memorandums, letters, minutes, education documents, presentations and statistical tables;
• Arranges meetings - books meeting rooms, types and distributes agendas, transcribes minutes and notes of meetings and disseminates.
Hours of work: Rotating Days, 06:30 to 14:30, 07:30 to 15:30, 08:00 to 16:00, 09:00 to 17:00, 10:30 to 18:30, 07:00 to 15:00
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.....Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (non-supervised tests are not accepted)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to organize work.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
**Please submit a Typing Test (min. 45 wpm within past 48 months) from recognized institution and proof of Medical Terminology course.**
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.