Interior Health is seeking a reliable and flexible Registered Nurse to join our Combined Medical/Surgical team at the ELK VALLEY HOSPITAL in beautiful Fernie, B.C.
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse:
• Provides nursing care to patients, both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team
• Enhances quality of life for the patient and family; consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care providers
• Demonstrates continuous improvement and evidence based practice in nursing practice
• Maintains and advances own clinical competence
• Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned
This is a RELIEF PART-TIME (0.61 FTE) OPPORTUNITY until May 12, 2023, or the return of the incumbent.
Shifts of work will be scheduled days and nights; rotating from 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00 hours.
About this location/unit:
Elk Valley Hospital is a Level 1 community hospital with a 20 bed medical-surgical unit, a busy 24/7 Emergency department, maternity unit and operating room on site. Fernie is a charming, historic city in the mountains with a welcoming community of approximately 5000 residents. Outdoor recreation is a way of life all year round with a network of trails for hiking and biking; the Elk River offering fly-fishing and rafting and the Fernie Alpine Resort offers easy access to winter sports. Downtown Fernie is a combination of historic and contemporary buildings and offers something for everyone with cultural attractions, boutiques, eateries and coffee shops.
We offer a range of employee benefits and services to support you at every stage of your career:
• Employer paid vacation
• Insurance premiums 100% paid by Interior Health
• Medical Services Plan
• Extended Health Coverage
• Dental Health Coverage
• Pension Plan
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.