Do you have experience supporting collaboration systems for a large, complex organization? Are you familiar with ITIL framework and Software Lifecycle processes? The Information Management & Information Technology (IMIT) Collaboration & Communication Systems team at Interior Health is hiring a Business Systems Analyst, and we could be looking for you!
This position will be working with a fun and engaged team to achieve our vision: “to empower customers, patients, and care providers though innovative technology solutions that improve secure accessibility and information sharing, resulting in better decision making to achieve the best possible patient outcomes.”
The primary focus is on customer support as they navigate our collaboration tools and systems. Familiarity with the MS Office suite, remote meeting technologies, and ITIL foundations are all assets.
The Business Systems Analyst evaluates, plans, implements and maintains complex IT systems, supporting collaboration and communication throughout Interior Health according to established policies, procedures and standards.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES:
• Conducts needs assessments for assigned business service areas/department; liaises with members of the assigned areas/departments, care providers and hardware, software and peripheral vendors to resolve problems and/or recommends modification to and/or new systems ensuring effective cost efficient system(s) implementation, maintenance and evaluation.
• Determines ongoing information needs, implements system changes and provides support related to applicable computer applications.
• Installs, configures, supports and maintains applications and overall integration of computerized business systems throughout Interior Health.
This is a permanent full time opportunity based out of Interior Health’s downtown Kelowna office. Shifts are scheduled Monday-Friday, with weekends and statutory holidays off. The successful candidate will have options to enrol in our Extended Health & Dental Plan, Defined Benefit Pension Plan, and Employer Paid MSP Premiums.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
A degree or diploma program in Computer Science plus two years' recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.