Interior Health (IH) is hiring a Student to join the Interior Health Emergency Services Network. Emergency Services Network mandate is to partner with 31 Emergency Departments to bring evidence based, best practice strategies across the region. The term for this program is for four (4) months from May 2023 to August 2023.
The location for this position is flexible within the Interior Health region; the student may work virtually from home and/or in an Interior Health office depending on the location.
Reporting directly to the Director, Emergency Services Network, in collaboration with Corporate Communications. The Emergency Services Network provides the student position with the opportunity to explore and gain an understanding of the components that make up key messaging to the general public and healthcare professionals as they present to the Emergency Departments (ED). This includes various strategies to improve communications and to impact the patient experience during their visit to the ED. You will work with a wide variety of people within the ED, communications, community services and the Emergency Services Network.
Some Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
The student position will support various projects. These tasks will require working both with a team and independently, while having support and supervision by the Director of the Emergency Services Network.
These may include:
1. Assists with various project requirements
2. Consult with internal/external stakeholders to acquire the necessary information
3. Updating and organizing internal information management systems, including SharePoint, databases, internal and external webpages, and other systems
4. Write and distribute content to promote IH organizational content
5. Work in conjunction with corporate communications to compile, develop, update key messages for the general public from many different service areas
6. Develop a robust communication plan and utilize a variety of communications strategies to deliver complex info
7. Creates and presents information and correspondence to other teams
8. Performs other related duties as required
For a challenging, growth-oriented career in a beautiful natural setting where balanced lifestyle choices abound, come to Interior Health and join our quest to set new standards of excellence in the delivery of health services in the Province of B.C.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
**We thank all applicants for their interest. Those selected for an interview will be contacted by March 13, 2023.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12
• Enrollment in post-secondary program. Preference may be given for students in final stages (e.g. 3rd, 4th year) of their program in communications, information design, marketing, Business Administration/Management, or similar field.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to work with colleagues effectively
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to use Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
• Familiarity with SharePoint and/or webpage design would be an asset; ability to quickly learn computer programs and systems
• Strong computer skills
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.