Who Are We Looking For?
Lansdowne Centre in Kamloops has an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Receivable Clerk to join their team in Kamloops, B.C! This is a Permanent Full-time position working Monday to Friday, days – 08:00 to 16:00.
What Will You Work On?
This Kamloops office is home to the centralized corporate Billing and Accounts Receivable department for the entire health authority. With over 35 full time employees, this department handles many billing and receivable functions ranging from physician recovery billings to in-hospital care, residential and home support collections to name a few.
The Accounts Receivable Clerk performs clerical duties including:
• Generates billings and statements of account from the computer, or manually;
• Posts charges and payments to the Accounts Receivable subledger;
• Collects accounts in accordance with policies and procedures:
• Follows up on overdue accounts by initiating and responding to correspondence and telephone contacts from patients, agencies, and insurers.
What should your application include?
-A current administered 5 minute Typing Test of 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution (non supervised tests are not accepted);
-Certificate or Official Transcript showing proof of completion of recognized Accounting Course(s);
-Your Resume indicating two years’ recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
-A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position;
-Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
How Will We Help You Grow?
Interior Health offers excellent benefits and many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
If you are an experienced Accounts Receivable Clerk and want to be challenged in your role while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, Apply Today!
Community Profile:Spectacular landscapes, Kamloops is home to an incredibly diverse landscape of sagebrush-covered hills, ravines, wide open grasslands, rugged mountains, forested valleys and pristine lakes. Summer offers fishing, kayaking, rafting, hiking, horseback riding, camping, award winning mountain biking and the Tobiano golf course is ranked as one of Canada’s best. Winter brings the opportunity for cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, dog sledding, and ice-skating, or just 45 minutes out of town; Sun Peaks Four Season Resort offers the best skiing and snowboarding in the area. With over 2,000 hours of sunshine each year, this city offers everything you'd want in an urban centre while still providing the small town relaxed lifestyle.
Interior Health named a BC Top Employer and a Canada Top Employer for Young People 2023
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Successful completion of a recognized accounting course, Plus
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of an administered 5 minute typing certificate of 45wpm in the last 48 months from an approved institution (non-supervised tests are not accepted).
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
**New Rate as of April 1, 2023 will be $26.20
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.