This position may qualify for up to $10,000 as a signing bonus and/or be eligible for relocation allowance. Apply today and ask if you qualify!
Interior Health is seeking an experienced and dynamic Registered Nurse to join our Diabetes Education team at the Oliver Health Centre in beautiful Oliver, BC.! If you are a Registered Nurse who has completed a recognized Diabetes Education certification program and has recent related clinical experience, apply today!
Who We Are:
Interior Health (IH) is committed to achieving a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, and where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Well-being and work life balance is promoted within the IH team, and our commitment to environmental sustainability supports our primary goal of increasing the health and well-being of everybody in the Interior Health region from our employees to the population we serve.
What We Offer:
We offer a range of employee benefits and services to support you at every stage of your career:
• Employee & Family Assistance Program
• Employer paid training/education opportunities
• Generous Vacation Entitlement
• Employer Paid Health Benefits
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Shift Premiums
• Competitive wages
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse:
• Provides diabetes education, supports diabetes management and participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team
• Has a strong understanding of adult education principles and change facilitation skills, in addition to excellent working knowledge of diabetes care and management with all types of diabetes – Type 1, Type 2, gestational diabetes, and pediatric diabetes
• Enhances quality of life for the patient and family; consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care providers
• Demonstrates continuous improvement and evidence based practice in nursing practice
• Maintains and advances own clinical competence
• Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned
This is a PERMANENT PART-TIME (0.40 FTE) position. Shifts are Tuesdays and Wednesdays, with shift times of 08:00 to 16:00.
About this location/unit:
Oliver is located in a picturesque valley of orchards, vineyards, lakes and waterways, in the heart of the Thompson Okanagan Region in south central British Columbia. Home to numerous vineyards and more than 10 local wineries, it is known as “The Capital of Wine Country”. With its mild climate, relaxed lifestyle and scenic surroundings, Oliver is a wonderful residential location to call home. Recreational opportunities in the area include hiking, cycling, canoeing, fishing and skiing.
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
See what makes Interior Health a Top Employer!
See why Nursing at Interior Health is such an amazing opportunity!
• Graduation from an approved school of Nursing with current practicing registration with British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
• Current, valid Canadian Diabetes Educator Certification (CDE); or completion of the Diabetes Educator Graduate Certificate Program from Michener Institute
• Current, valid BC Driver’s License
• Two years’ recent related clinical experience including: one year experience assessing, treating, and educating patients, family members, and others about diabetes using a self-management support approach; and experience providing formal, adult, group education; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Certification as a pump trainer would be an asset
Effective April 1, 2023 - hourly rate $40.21-$54.28 per hour.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.