If you are a dynamic and highly professional individual who enjoys working as part of a close-knit and high-functioning team, we have a career opportunity for you. We currently have a Diabetes Education Nurse position available in beautiful Oliver, B.C.
As the Diabetes Education Nurse within our multidisciplinary team, you will work with people of all ages and with all stages of diabetes. Some duties within the scope of this role include education of gestational diabetes, pediatric diabetes, insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitoring. If you are comfortable speaking with physicians and teaching clients how to manage their diabetes, this is the position for you.
This is a PERMANENT PART-TIME (0.40 FTE) position. Shifts are Tuesdays and Wednesdays, with shift times of 08:00 to 16:00.
If you have honed your nursing skills and are enthusiastic about your practice, we would love to chat with you. Come to Interior Health and make a difference in people’s lives while loving what you do! Apply Today!
• Graduation from an approved school of Nursing with current practicing registration with British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
• Current, valid Canadian Diabetes Educator Certification (CDE) or Completion of the Diabetes Educator Graduate Certificate Program from Michener Institute.
• Current, valid BC Driver’s License.
• Two years’ recent related clinical experience including: one year experience assessing, treating, and educating patients, family members, and others about diabetes using a self-management support approach; and experience providing formal, adult, group education; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Formal diabetes education and certification as a pump trainer would be an asset.
• Experience using motivational interviewing skills and self-management support skills would be an asset.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.