Who are we looking for?
South Hills Tertiary Psychiatric Rehabilitation Centre has an exciting opportunity for a Casual Administrative Services Assistant Supervisor to join their team in Kamloops , B.C. When scheduled this position works Monday to Friday, Days from 08:30 to 16:30.
This is a casual position. Casual means hours are not guaranteed and that days of work and shift times may vary. Many careers with us begin with casual employment and lead to permanent or temporary career opportunities.
What will you work on?
This role provides confidential administrative support to senior staff and supervises administrative staff throughout the region. Duties will include coordinating and monitoring assignments/workflow, performing confidential secretarial and reception duties for senior staff, supporting senior staff with agency contracts including typing, revising, editing and reformatting contract documents, tracking documents, arranging payments and management of contracts.
In this role you will also be responsible for arranging and participating in working groups, assisting with recruitment, selection and orientation of staff, monitoring expenditures and receiving, recording, checking and balancing cash transactions, petty cash and bank deposits. This position also coordinates office/workspace moves and may be dealing with clients that are confused, anxious, angry or difficult.
What Should your application include?
-Graduation from a recognized Office Administration Certificate Program, Plus
-Completion of a typing test at 40 wpm dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a recognized institution only. (NON-SUPERVISED TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
-Current valid BC Driver’s License
-Your resume outlining Three (3) years related administrative experience Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
-A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position.
How will we help you grow?
Interior Health offers excellent benefits and many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
If you are an experienced Administrative Supervisor and want to be challenged in your role while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, Apply Today!
Community Profile : Kamloops, the second largest city in the southern interior of BC, is famous for its hospitality, offering visitors all the amenities of a big city - first class accommodation and dining, a lively arts scene, modern shops, a full range of businesses and wonderful parks and recreation facilities. The landscape is characterized by rivers, mountains, lakes and grasslands which offer unsurpassed opportunities for year-round outdoor adventure, enough to keep even the most avid outdoor enthusiast busy. Blue skies, endless sunshine, deep powder snow, one thousand lakes and spectacular landscapes make the Kamloops region the natural place to visit and experience unparalleled adventure opportunities.
Education, Training and Experience
• Grade 12
• Graduation from a recognized Office Administration Certificate Program, Plus
• Three (3) years related administrative experience; Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Completion of a typing test at 40 wpm dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a recognized institution only. (NON-SUPERVISED TESTS ARE NOT ACCEPTED)
• Current valid BC Driver’s License
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to type 40 words per minute.
• Knowledge of general office procedures
• Ability to operate related equipment including proficiency in relevant computer applications.
• Ability to be flexible in a dynamic work environment.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently.
• Ability to supervise in an effective manner.
• Ability to receive and provide constructive feedback.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize.
• Ability to deal with others in a professional manner using tact and good judgment.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
• Knowledge of general office procedures and ability to operate related office equipment.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
• Business writing skills.
**New Rate as of April 1, 2023 will be $27.13
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.