Who Are We Looking For?
Kootenay Lake Regional Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Casual Switchboard Operator Registration Clerk to join their team in Nelson B.C! When scheduled position works rotating days & evenings - 06:45 to 14:45, 06:45 to 13:15, 14:30 to 21:00, 13:00 to 21:00, 08:45 to 15:15.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
What Will You Work On?
In this role you will work perform a variety of switchboard, registration and cashier duties such as:
• Operates switchboard and public address system and other paging device systems;
• Receives and directs patients and visitors;
• Responds to and monitors hospital alarms and emergency codes;
• Maintains physician on-call/vacation lists and other hospital staff;
• Patient registration;
• Admitting clerical duties with bed booking options;
• Cashier duties - receiving payments; recording payments in cash journals and/or summary sheets; and issuing change and receipts;
• Receives, checks and deposits patient valuables for safekeeping.
What should your application include?
• Confirmation of completion of Grade 12;
• A current Typing Test of 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution ;
• Your Resume indicating one year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability.
How Will We Help You Grow?
Interior Health offers excellent benefits and many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
Casual employment includes: short-notice, on-call availability; workload coverage during a temporary absence; and/or providing relief coverage in a specific position. Once hired into a casual role, employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent part-time or full time positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual positions and lead to regular employment.
If you are an experienced Switchboard Operator/Registration Clerk and want to be challenged in your role while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, Apply Today!
Community Profile: Surrounded by the rugged Selkirk Mountains, Nelson sits on the shores of the West Arm of Kootenay Lake. Picturesque geography and storybook charm are combined with cosmopolitan sophistication. Whether gliding through the incredible powder at Whitewater Ski Resort, catching a 25 pound rainbow trout on Kootenay Lake or simply enjoying a leisurely day of shopping along historic Baker Street, Nelson is a beautiful place to raise a family. But don't take our word for it, have a look for yourself.
Education, Training & Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (non-supervised tests are not accepted)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to physically carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.