Interior Health is seeking an experienced and dynamic Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN) to join our Mental Health & Substance Use (MHSU) Treatment, Support and Recovery Team (TSR) in beautiful Kelowna, B.C.
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiatric Nurse:
• Functions as a member of the larger Hospitals & Communities Integrated Services (HCIS) or Tertiary Mental Health Services multi-disciplinary care team
• Ensures that persons with serious severe and persistent mental health problems, and/or problematic substance use and/or development disability issues who may or may not be in crisis have access to timely, responsive, evidence based treatment and clinical supports across the continuum of available services
• Provides assessment, treatment, case management, community support, and as required, urgent response to clients who may also have serious functional impairment in the domains of physical health and personal, family, financial, occupational, and social life
• Functions as a primary clinician utilizing a variety of specialized treatment modalities/therapies for individuals, groups of clients and/or their families
The Treatment, Support and Recovery Team (TSR) provides case management services for individuals with serious and persistent mental illness living in the community. Successful applicants must have experience assessing and treating Mental Health disorders such as Schizophrenia and Bipolar disorder.
This is a CASUAL OPPORTUNITY. Casual means hours are not guaranteed and may vary and shifts may be at short notice. Casual employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent and temporary positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual employment and lead to regular employment.
Shifts of work are 08:30 to 16:30.
About this location/unit:
Surrounded by spectacular mountain scenery, the thriving City of Kelowna is situated on the eastern shores of Lake Okanagan in the South Central Region of British Columbia. It is the largest city in the area and boasts all of the amenities of a major centre including fine dining, unique shops and a vibrant arts and culture scene. Wine tours, golfing, skiing, boating, swimming and camping are among the many recreational activities enjoyed by residents here.
We offer a range of employee benefits and services to support you at every stage of your career:
• Employer paid vacation
• Insurance premiums 100% paid by Interior Health
• Medical Services Plan
• Extended Health Coverage
• Dental Health Coverage
• Pension Plan
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply Today!
• Graduation from an approved school of nursing.
• Two years’ recent related MHSU experience in the assigned clinical area(s) (such as Counselling & Treatment Services; Treatment, Support & Recovery Services; Crisis Response; Seniors MHSU Services; Substance Use; Developmental Disability Mental Health Services (DDMHS), etc.) or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
• Current valid B.C. driver’s license.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.