Cranbrook Health Centre has a relief, part-time Community Respiratory Therapist opening.
This position will provide coverage until October 2023, or return of incumbent. Days of work are Tuesday through Friday. Travel is involved and access to a personal vehicle is required.
The Community Respiratory Therapist delivers respiratory therapy services and programs related to community respiratory therapy, such as:
• The promotion of respiratory health;
• The assessment, education, treatment and rehabilitation of patients with respiratory dysfunction;
• Home Oxygen Program for eligible clients to have supplemental oxygen for use in their homes and in the community;
• Communicating and demonstrating community and hospital based respiratory care procedures to other health care professionals and students; and
• The use of respiratory equipment or special procedures.
The Cranbrook Community Respiratory Therapist will have collaboration with colleagues including Acute Care Respiratory Therapists and nursing staff.
How we will help you grow?
We provide you with an orientation customized to meet your needs, and immediate support and access from excellent colleagues. You will have access to work in an interdisciplinary environment where patients are at the centre of care. We also offer continuous education opportunities.
How Will You Create Impact?
Joining our IH team will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
• Graduation from a recognized program in Respiratory Therapy.
• Two years’ recent experience in pulmonary rehabilitation, asthma education, respiratory home care, home ventilation, home oxygen, and sleep disordered breathing screening would be an asset.
• Current certification with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT) and eligible for registration with the British Columbia Society of Respiratory Therapists (BCSRT) and CSRT.
• Current valid BC driver’s license.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.