We have a permanent, part time Clinical Dietitian opening with McKinney Place and Sunnybank Centre.
McKinney Place and Sunnybank Centre, located in Oliver, are long-term care homes embodying a resident-centered philosophy designed to support residents’ choices, help people function at their highest level, and provide the best quality of life possible.
This position involves working in both long-term care sites providing nutrition care and support to patients and residents. Days and hours maybe flexible and to be determined with successful Clinical Dietitian. Requires College of Dietitians of BC Restricted Activity A.
Utilizing clinical techniques and knowledge, the Clinical Dietitian:
• Conducts nutrition screening and assessment utilizing established standards and guidelines and relevant biochemical, anthropometric, and dietary parameters.
• Based upon assessment and treatment modality, develops and implements client-centered nutrition goals and care plans. Prescribes diets, as appropriate, and communicates nutrition care plan and goals to the program/multidisciplinary team, including Food Services Staff where applicable.
• Evaluates and adapts the nutrition care plan by monitoring biochemical, anthropometric, and dietary parameters.
• Educates clients/families regarding the rationale and mechanics of the nutrition care plan.
• Acts as a resource person to the multidisciplinary/program teams and other health professionals in the hospital, community, and health service area.
Dietitians in the South Okanagan work in a variety of facilities, in a variety of roles across the continuum of care. All positions have access to the Practice Lead as well as supportive colleagues to help you learn and grow. Interior Health has a defined process of education and mentorship for those interested in leadership growth. What makes working with the Dietetic team in South Okanagan is that Dietitians work in a variety of multidisciplinary teams focused on providing team-based care for patients and clients. The Dietitians are well-respected and highly valued for their expertise within their teams. We are a small but mighty team of friendly supportive Dietitians. We like to work and play together, often enjoying out of work activities such as biking or skiing.
Reasons to Join Interior Health:
• Eligible positions qualify for relocation support
• Comprehensive employer-paid benefits package
• Generous paid vacation entitlement
• Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary
• Access to our in-house learning and development centre
• Employee Health and Wellness programs
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals
• Employee pension plan
• Opportunities for career advancement
• Challenging and rewarding work environment
Join us in the South Okanagan Region of beautiful B.C.! Explore your potential while enjoying work-life balance at shift’s end.
• Baccalaureate degree in nutrition and dietetics.
• Successful completion of an accredited hospital based dietetic internship program (or equivalent acceptable to the facility).
• Registrant of the College of Dietitians of British Columbia.
• One year of clinical nutrition experience in a health care environment preferred.
• Valid BC Driver’s License.
Effective April 2023 hourly rates of pay: $38.60 to $48.20
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.