Kelowna General Hospital (KGH) has a relief, full time Orthotic/Prosthetic Technician opening.
This position will provide coverage until the return of incumbent (unknown). Days of work are Monday through Fridays 8 am to 4 pm.
Working in Acute Care and Outpatients at KGH, this position fabricates orthotic and prosthetic appliances for inpatients and outpatients, including:
• Fabricating and repairing all styles of orthoses and prostheses.
• Performing plaster modifications and fabricating orthoses and prostheses from plaster molds.
• Advising of stock requirements in order to maintain adequate inventory.
• Maintaining a clean safe work environment and advising if safety issues arise.
• Participating in Quality Management and/or Quality Assurance programs by providing information and input.
• Participating in the instruction/orientation of staff and/or students by assisting with departmental orientations, in-service presentations, demonstrating procedures and answering questions, as required.
• Performing other related duties as assigned.
KGH’s Orthotic and Prosthetic Department is a full service department integrated with the Rehabilitation Centre. The Orthotic/Prosthetic Technician will receive support from the Professional Practice Leader (PPL) and current Orthotists and Technical staff on-site, as well rehabilitation colleagues from across Interior Health.
Reasons to Join Interior Health
• Eligible positions qualify for relocation support
• Comprehensive employer-paid benefits package
• Generous paid vacation entitlement
• Access to our in-house learning and development centre
• Employee Health and Wellness programs
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals
• Employee pension plan
• Opportunities for career advancement
• Challenging and rewarding work environment
• Safe and welcoming communities
Grade 12 plus two years’ recent related experience as an Orthotics or Prosthetics Technician, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.