Interior Health is looking for permanent full time Physician Compensation Analyst to join the Medical Affairs, Physician Compensation department. We are looking for a candidate who has good analytical thinking skills, and is proficient in Excel.
This position is flexible within the Interior Health region.
About the role:
The Physician Compensation Analyst is responsible for supporting the planning, analysis, contract evaluation, and decision support related to physician compensation models, contracts, and funding in Medical Affairs.
Some key duties:
• Provides timely, relevant, reliable, and clear information with appropriate supporting data analyses and review of alternatives to inform planning and decision-making by the Manager and Directors of Physician Compensation; the Corporate Director, Medical Affairs; the Executive Medical Directors; as well as Leadership Teams.
• Provides data analysis using key data sources (physician compensation financial, fee for service revenue, population, clinical, organizational, and administrative) in response to Medical Affairs and Senior Executive level requests for information and analysis. This work may include revenue analysis, data linkage, descriptive information, statistical analyses, and statistical tests of significance.
• Leads implementation of physician billing and service reporting processes for new physician contracts to ensure reporting processes include appropriate and adequate financial and other controls. This requires working collaboratively with physicians, program Managers, Accounts Receivable, Medical Affairs, and the Ministry of Health to ensure all stakeholders’ needs are met.
• In a timely manner, prepares evaluations of physician service contracts and programs as identified by the service deliverables schedule in physician contracts.
• Works closely with Financial Services to analyze and implement physician billing initiatives impacting the Medical Affairs and Financial Services Portfolios.
• Develops a strong working relationship with program Managers, Directors, Business Support, and others who require information for planning, managing, and evaluating physician contracts and services. Project support may include planning project deliverables, identifying data sources and appropriate methods to support planning, data analyses, funding options, writing summary reports, and preparing presentations.
• Completes evaluations, analyses, and projects as requested by the Manager, Physician Compensation.
• Provides input and identifies opportunities for physician contract revenue analysis to the Manager, Physician Compensation. This includes providing recommendations and advice on important data development, process improvements to maximize physician billing revenues, and future projects/ analyses.
• Works with representatives of other Health Authorities and other data custodians to support physician compensation analysis and reporting initiatives.
• Works with Information Management/Information Technology and other IH staff to support timely, reliable, and consistent data reporting and analysis.
• Other related duties as may be assigned.
Honouring Interior Health’s commitment to Truth and Reconciliation and the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (DRIPA), and Pursuant to Section 42 of the BC Human Rights Code, preferential consideration and/or hiring will be given to qualified applicants who self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis, or Inuit).
Education, Training, and Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree and/or a CPA.
• One to three years of experience relevant to the duties of the position.
• An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be considered.
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Customer service orientation with the ability to be innovative and participate with others to reach organizational objectives.
• Experience working in an organization of similar size and complexity to Interior Health in a role that required awareness of the structure and how to navigate through it to ensure internal clients were provided efficient and effective service.
• Ability to participate on a multi-disciplinary team and ensure deadlines and milestones are met.
• Ability to adapt and produce high quality results in a constantly-changing and developing environment.
• Ability to multi-task and perform numerous tasks within acceptable time frames.
• Excellent computer skills in order to access and manipulate data from various systems to produce financial and other analysis and reports.
• Strong analytical ability to meaningfully interpret and present data.
• Understanding of the full accounting and budgeting cycle.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Starting salary is approximately from $67,864 to $97,555 and will be based on education, training and experience
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.