Penticton Regional Hospital is seeking a Casual Patient Porter to join their team! - if you have graduated from Grade 10, plus two year's recent experience....Apply today!
This position performs a variety of clerical duties such as:
• Communicates with Nursing Units regarding patient transport, as required.
• Transports medical apparatus and/or equipment
• Assists with lifting and transferring patients to and from beds, stretchers, wheelchairs and/or other devices, as instructed.
• Ensures patient comfort and readiness for transport
• Porters’ patients requiring assistance on discharge from nursing unit or treatment area to hospital exit.
• Transports deceased patients to morgue
• Cleans, stores, retrieves and returns supplies, instruments and equipment as required.
• Delivers specimens, requisitions/orders, equipment, furniture, and patient care supplies
• Completes routine forms and keeps records relating to the work performed, as required.
• Maintains established inventory on units including bariatric equipment.
Hours of work: Days, Evenings, Nights; 07:00 to 15:30, 08:00 to 16:30, 10:30 to 19:00, 13:30 to 22:00, 14:30 to 23:00, 15:00 to 23:30, 23:00 to 07:30
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 10,
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
**Along with your Resume, please upload a copy of your High School Diploma**
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.