Interior Health is seeking a reliable and flexible Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse to join our Long-term Care team at Pleasant Valley Manor in beautiful Armstrong, BC.
Who We Are:
Interior Health (IH) is committed to achieving a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, and where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Well-being and work life balance is promoted within the IH team, and our commitment to environmental sustainability supports our primary goal of increasing the health and well-being of everybody in the Interior Health region from our employees to the population we serve.
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse:
• Provides nursing care to Long-term Care patients, both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team
• Enhances quality of life for the patient and family; consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care providers
• Demonstrates continuous improvement and evidence based practice in nursing practice
• Maintains and advances own clinical competence
• Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned
This is a CASUAL OPPORTUNITY. Casual means hours are not guaranteed and may vary and shifts may be at short notice. Casual employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent and temporary positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual employment and lead to regular employment.
Shifts of work will be scheduled days ; shift times of 07:30 to 17:00.
About this location/unit:
Pleasant Valley Manor, located in the beautiful community of Armstrong, embodies a resident-centered philosophy designed to support residents’ choices, help people function at their highest level, and provide the best quality of life possible. This facility is an 82 bed complex care facility (81 permanent, 1 respite) equipped with services and 24 hour staff devoted to creating a comfortable living environment.
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
• Post - basic education in gerontology an asset.
Effective April 1, 2023, the hourly rate for this position will be: $40.21- $54.28
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.