Who Are We Looking For?
We are looking for a Permanent Full Time to fulfil the position of Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor with the Kelowna Health Centre in Kelowna B.C! This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Vocational Rehabilitation professional to join an interdisciplinary mental health and substance use team. If you bring passion, enthusiasm, and energy we would love to hear from you! This position works Monday to Friday from 08:30 to 16:30 for 37.5 hours per week with a built in on-call rotations from 20:30 to 8:30.
How Will You Create an Impact?
This position uses Supported Employment which is an approach to vocational rehabilitation for people with serious and persistent mental illnesses and substance use that emphasizes helping them obtain competitive work in the community and providing the supports necessary to ensure their success in the workplace. Persons with a mental health disability are eligible to be referred to the Supported Employment program provided they are:
• Currently registered to Penticton Mental Health & Substance Use services (priority for clients receiving ACSS, EPI services)
• Between the ages of 14-65 years old
• Must be motivated to obtain gainful employment
• Currently residing in a stable living environment
What Will You Work On?
Typical Duties and Responsibilities of the Vocational Rehabilitation Counsellor:
• Assessing and evaluating client's vocational rehabilitation needs;
• Developing vocational rehabilitation plans based on individual preferences, needs and abilities;
• Collaborating with Case Managers and members of the multidisciplinary team to integrate vocational goals into mental health treatment plan;
• Providing vocational rehabilitation counselling to clients on an individual basis and in accordance with pertinent legislation and Interior Health’s policies;
• Conducting job development, direct marketing and job search activities in collaboration with community employers;
• Negotiating job accommodations and workplace agreements; and
• Advocating on behalf of the client in accomplishing their goals of returning to the workforce.
How Will We Help You Grow?
Abundance of opportunity lives here in Nelson and with Interior Health! Interior Health offers excellent benefits and many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Click HERE to learn more about MHSU Careers with Interior Health!
Education, Training, and Experience:
• Completion of a recognized Bachelor’s Degree in an applicable social or health sciences program
• Two (2) year's recent related experience providing vocational rehabilitation counselling and job marketing/development to individuals with severe mental illnesses and/or substance use disorders, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Eligibility for certification as a rehabilitation professional with a recognized association.
• Appropriate valid BC driver’s license.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.