Who Are We Looking For?
Do you have experience as a cashier and wish to work at the leading edge of healthcare to maximize your skills and be part of a dynamic team? Penticton Regional Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Casual Cashier to join their team! When scheduled this position works Monday to Friday, Days – 08:30 to 15:00.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
What Will You Work On?
This position receives, records and accounts for payments and donations received and performs clerical duties related to the accounting function, such as:
• Receives and records payments for a variety of patient bills and sundry accounts;
• Receives, records and balances cash from internal operations;
• Balances cash daily against receipts and prepares bank deposits and cash reports; balances cash journals and/or summary sheets;
• Prepares journal entry for cash receipts total, balances the total of bank deposits and enters into the General Ledger system;
• Assists patients in completing forms for extended benefit plans;
• Prepares cheque requisitions for reimbursement to physicians for payments received on their behalf.
What should your application include?
• A current Typing Test of 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution
• Confirmation of completion of Grade 12
• Your Resume indicating on year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
How Will We Help You Grow?
Interior Health offers excellent benefits and many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
Casual employment includes: short-notice, on-call availability; workload coverage during a temporary absence; and/or providing relief coverage in a specific position. Once hired into a casual role, employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent part-time or full time positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual positions and lead to regular employment.
If you are an experienced Cashier and want to be challenged in your role while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, Apply Today!
Community Profile: Penticton, the place where other people come for holidays, has one of the best year round climates in Canada. Enjoy the two pristine lakes with miles of beach and surrounded by tree lined mountains, acres of parks and wilderness trails perfect for hiking and mountain biking in summer or skiing, snowmobiling and snowshoeing in winter. Designated the "Wine Route” of the Okanagan, Penticton has over 100 wineries at its doorstep.
Education, Training & Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Plus one year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience,
• Completion of a 5 Minute Typing Test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (non-supervised tests are not accepted)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
**New Rate as of April 1, 2023 will be $23.54
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.