Interior Health is looking for a permanent full time Manager, Business Analytics to join our Data & Analytics Services (D&A) team.
The location of this position is flexible within the Interior Health region.
About the Role:
The Manager, Business Analytics will be responsible for leveraging data and analytics to identify insights that will drive strategies for health service optimization, quality patient outcomes and better financial management.
The Manager, Business Analytics will work closely with business leaders across the organization, the candidate will provide leadership and guidance in the use of advanced data modeling, predictive modeling, and analytical techniques to generate insights in support of business outcomes.
Some Key Duties may include:
• Lead a highly skilled technical team using advanced data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities
• Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyze business functions and key operations and performance metrics
• Ensure accuracy of data and deliverables of reporting employees with comprehensive policies and processes
• Examine, interpret and report results of analytical initiatives to stakeholders in leadership and operations
including external partners in other health authorities, Ministry of Health, CIHI, and other organizations
• Develop and implement quality controls and departmental standards to ensure quality standards, organizational expectations, and regulatory requirements
• Anticipate future demands of initiatives related to people, technology, budget and business within your department and design/implement solutions to meet these needs
• Organize and drive successful completion of data insight initiatives through effective management of analyst and data employees and effective collaboration with stakeholders
• Leads the routine gathering of data from various sources, responding to requests for information to support decision-making and general enquires
• Leads discussion with organizational leaders on how advanced modelling and predictive analytics can be used to assist with service planning and operational efficiencies
• Represents IH on provincial and Ministry workgroups for the development and implementation of business analytics
• Functions as a liaison between D&A and internal/external parties in order to resolve complex and/or sensitive issues involving data and analytics
• Responsible for recruitment, training, performance management, attendance management, and discipline measures for direct reports
• Prepares the annual operating and capital budget for the department; monitors activities and ensures expenditures are within approved budgets; and identifies efficiencies that promotes the optimal use of resources
• Performs other related duties as assigned
How will you create an impact?
Joining our IH team will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community.
How will we help them grow?
Our team members enjoy a friendly environment with peer professionals. There will be opportunities to work on cutting edge technology and platforms with support for education.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package, competitive salary and generous vacation entitlement after your first year of employment.
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong technical skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today! Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training, and Experience:
• A Bachelors or Masters degree in Health Information Science, Computer Science, Information Management and a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Minimum seven (7) years of recent, related leadership and management experience, working within a complex environment, (preferably healthcare), including responsibility for operations at an enterprise level.
• Experience with data management including linkage, analysis and interpretation
• Knowledge in data governance practices and business and technology issues related to the enterprise data asset management
• Experience with project leadership and/or PMP certification a definite asset
Skills and Abilities:
• Collaborative team player orientation towards work relationships and strong culture awareness
• Highly developed skills in priority setting and alignment of project priorities with departmental strategy
• Skills at performance management, recognizing and rewarding performance and identifying development needs
• Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement system design
• Ability to get to the heart of the problem and make sound and timely decisions to resolve problems
• Results orientation, willingness to commit to a direction and drive operations to completion
• Ability to develop and implement strategic plans, policies, procedures, and standards.
• Ability to handle complaints, settle disputes and resolve conflicts and negotiate with others
• Effectiveness in building trust, respect and cooperation among teams
• Internally and externally recognized subject matter expert that influence the way things are done
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
“Honouring Interior Health’s commitment to Truth and Reconciliation and the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (DRIPA), and Pursuant to Section 42 of the B.C. Human Rights Code, preferential consideration and/or hiring will be given to qualified applicants who self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis, or Inuit).”
Starting salary is approximately from 96K to 132K and will be based on education, training and experience.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.