Cariboo Community Health Services. located in Williams Lake, B.C., has a permanent, full time Community Respiratory Therapist opening.
What We Offer:
• Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary
• Relocation Allowance
• Continuing education opportunities
• Comprehensive employer-paid benefits package
• Generous paid vacation entitlement
• Access to our in-house learning and development centre
• Job stability
• Team environment
• Employee Health and Wellness programs
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals
The Community Respiratory Therapist works within Cariboo Memorial Hospital (CMH) and the Williams Lake community to deliver respiratory therapy services and programs related to community respiratory therapy, such as:
• The promotion of respiratory health;
• The assessment, education, treatment and rehabilitation of patients with respiratory dysfunction;
• Communicating and demonstrating community and hospital based respiratory care procedures to other health care professionals and students;
• The use of respiratory equipment or special procedures.
The Williams Lake Community Respiratory Therapist will have collaboration with colleagues including nursing staff, the Community Respiratory Therapist in 100 Mile House, and the CMH Acute Care Respiratory Therapist. CMH is a teaching site for rural medicine with education offered frequently for staff and opportunities to help a Respiratory Therapist grow in their skills development.
The travel radius around Williams Lake will be approximately 15 km. Access to a personal vehicle is required.
Apply today! Explore your potential while enjoying work-life balance at shift’s end.
Community of Williams Lake | The thriving community is surrounded by lakes, rivers, and ranch lands that roll on forever. It has a distinct Western personality that is showcased through the annual Williams Lake Stampede that takes place during the Canada Day festivities and through its Harvest Fair in September. Williams Lake has plenty to offer: It’s a mountain biking mecca, a wildlife enthusiast’s playground, and a hub for culture and heritage admirers.
• Graduation from a recognized program in Respiratory Therapy.
• Two years’ recent experience in pulmonary rehabilitation, asthma education, respiratory home care, home ventilation, home oxygen, and sleep disordered breathing screening would be an asset.
• Current certification with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT) and eligible for registration with the British Columbia Society of Respiratory Therapists (BCSRT) and CSRT.
• Current valid driver’s license.
Effective April 2023 hourly rates of pay: $36.35 to $45.38
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.