Our busy acute Med/Surg unit at the Shuswap General Hospital in Salmon Arm, B.C. is seeking a motivated and organized permanent part-time Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) to support and lead the team. This position works rotating days and nights - 07:30 to 19:30, 19:30 to 07:30.
What will you work on?
As the PCC for our busy general medical unit, you will be responsible for the coordination of day- to- day operations and high quality, safe patient care.
PCC responsibilities include:
• Supporting/coordinating the seamless movement of patients through the healthcare system and in accessing appropriate resources.
• Supervising staff, as well as serving as a role model and a resource to staff for clinical decision-making, clinical assessments of patients and in the counseling and education of families.
• Reviewing, analysing and making recommendations on the development of administrative systems such as policies, procedures and standards of patient care and adequate staffing levels.
• Developing and maintaining a continuous quality improvement environment.
• Liaising with the interdisciplinary team for identification, coordination and efficient utilization of resources as well as planning for staff educational needs.
How will you create an impact?
Joining our IH team will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package, recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary, and generous vacation entitlement after your first year of employment.
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
If you think you would be an asset to our strong, welcoming nursing team, then we would love to hear from you! Come and join us, our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Emergency Nursing Careers with Interior Health
Education, Training and Experience:
-Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
-Advanced preparation in the clinical specialty of the assigned area, three years of recent related clinical experience in the assigned practice environment
-Two years recent supervisory and teaching experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
-Current CPR certification required.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.