We are seeking a permanent full time Pharmacist to join our Royal Inland Hospital Pharmacy Team in sunny and beautiful Kamloops, B.C. Join our team as we build clinical pharmacy practice across Interior Health through innovation, progression, and dedication.
As a staff Pharmacist you will provide distribution pharmacy services by:
• Interpreting medication orders/prescriptions, assessing prescriptions for therapeutic suitability and ensuring that medications are efficiently and accurately dispensed and/or compounded, labeled and that dispensing records are complete.
• Communicate with physicians, patients, and/or other health care team members for prescription clarification and problem resolution.
• Provide instructions on proper use/administration, storage and/or disposal, and possible side effects of prescribed and self-selected medications.
• Participate in the collection of data for medication use evaluation projects; implementation of dispensary based medication safety initiatives, and quality control activities.
• Contributes to internal publications and participates in clinical drug trials in accordance with established standards and procedures.
This position works rotating day and evening shift with the following hours: 07:00-15:00, 08:00-16:00, 10:00-22:00, and 15:00-23:00. This position qualifies for our comprehensive benefits package.
At Interior Health we provide room-to-grow and the opportunity to make a significant, personal contribution to the lives of others. If you seek the peace and tranquility of rural living or an attractive urban lifestyle, you’ll find it within the beautiful, natural setting of the interior of British Columbia.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others. Apply Today!
• Current registration as a Pharmacist with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia
• Active membership in the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists is encouraged.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.