We are currently seeking an Adult Day Service Worker | Bus Driver to join our dedicated team in Enderby!
The pay scale effective April 1, 2023 is $27.11 - $28.74.
Working within a client-centered model, this role is responsible for meeting the needs of an assigned group of clients by assisting them in carrying out established programs and activity of daily living tasks. This position is responsible for transporting clients to and from programs and organized outings.
This is a casual day shift opportunity with possible shift times of 08:00 to 15:00 and 08:30 to 15:30.
The ideal candidate will have completed a recognized Activity Assistant program, have a valid Class 4 driver’s license and bring recent related experience, along with strong communication and collaboration skills.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces...Be part of a dynamic team! Apply Today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12, completion of an Activity Assistant Program, and one year recent related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Food Safe certificate.
• Current valid BC Class 4 Driver’s License
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Ability to organize and prioritize.
• Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
• Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
• Ability to instruct.
• Knowledge of, and ability to do, various arts and crafts, handicrafts, and sports activities.
• Knowledge of psychosocial rehabilitation principles.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.