Interior Health (IH) is hiring a casual Communications and Development & Design Student to join the Medical Affairs / Physician Engagement Team in Kelowna, B.C.
This position starts April 2023 until approximately October 2023.
What will you work on?
The Physician Engagement Team within Medical Affairs has an exciting opportunity for a summer student with experience in Communications and Development & Design. Responsibilities will include online content management & administration, development of communications and promotional materials for our Medical Leadership program, and digital planning & resource management.
The student will provide assistance to the Director, Physician Engagement, Planning & Leadership Development, and other departmental staff as required.
Some Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supporting initiatives related to Physician Engagement, with a focus on online content management & administration.
2. Conducting research and development of communications related to program materials, promotional material and leadership stories.
3. Providing assistance in digital planning & resource management to support physician leaders in preparation for presentations.
4. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
The Physician Engagement Team supports the implementation of programs for medical staff and medical leaders across the Heath Authority. The department maintains programs including the NAVIG8 Emerging Medical Leaders Program and the Medical Staff Onboarding and Orientation Project. The Physician Engagement Team works closely with physician leaders to establish and improve program deliverables. Students will gain valuable work experience in communications, task management, research, and creating promotional materials. Students will also gain work experience working on assignments both individually and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
For a challenging, growth-oriented career in a beautiful natural setting where balanced lifestyle choices abound, come to Interior Health and join our quest to set new standards of excellence in the delivery of health services in the Province of B.C.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12
• Enrolled in a post-secondary program, preferably 3rd, or 4th year student.
• Prefer a student enrolled in Business Administration – Communications & Marketing program.
• Experience in Graphic Design considered an asset, but not required.
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
• Excellent computer skills (Internet, MS Office – Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
• Ability to analyze data and research to obtain information.
• Familiarity with SharePoint or comparable web-based collaboration platforms considered an asset
• Openness to learning new skills in a complex, adaptive environment
• Well-developed skills and ability to support development of multiple Poster Boards.
• Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to synthesize information in a concise report for general audience understanding.
• Ability to work in a complex fast changing environment in both a team and individual setting.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.