Do you have more than three years of experience in surgical nursing? Looking for an opportunity to grow your skills and knowledge and join a cohesive team? Then look no further! Apply today to join our Surgical High Observation unit in Kamloops.
The Surgical High Observation unit is part of the general 36 bed surgical unit at RIH. 4 beds offer care for high observation surgical patients while the remaining 32 beds provide care for general, urology, vascular and trauma surgical patients.
The Clinical Practice Educator (CPE) provides leadership in the delivery of nursing education and instruction to staff and patients/clients based on adult education principles and philosophy within a specific clinical specialty or patient/client population. The CPE applies nursing theory, advanced knowledge and leadership concepts in providing clinical guidance and resource support to staff. The CPE assists the Manager in establishing and maintaining standards of care and in providing and participating in continuous quality improvement environment. The CPE provides guidance and support to staff in the application of the nursing process in the provision of patient/client care.
This is a relief part-time (0.82FTE) position working day shifts Tuesday through Friday from 07:30 to 15:30.
We offer excellent benefits and opportunities to maximize your skills. Our benefits package includes:
• Recognition of previous experience when determining starting salary
• Extended health and dental benefits
• Generous vacation entitlement
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Ongoing training and in-services
• Progressive work environments and employee assistance programs
Apply today and join our team!
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
• Advanced preparation in the clinical specialty of the assigned area, three years’ recent related experience in clinical area of expertise and two years’ formal experience in adult teaching/learning, curriculum development, teaching, providing in service or staff development function or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current CPR certification.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.